FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of an FS2000 or a PS90 for an investment. Which do you think would increase in value the fastest? Of course I might ended up keeping whatever I buy. Who knows?

·
Registered
857 Posts
i would say neither, with the stock market so low there are much better places to but $2000

+ future gun laws could prevent transfer of "assault" weapons which would make them virtually worthless

·
Registered
54 Posts
Maybe the FS2000 better for investment

Guns are really hit and miss and its hard to judge the ones that will really go up. During the last ban in 86, in general, the more expensive (and hence more rare) the gun, the more collectors wanted it later. I had an FFL from 85 to about 92 and sold mostly black guns. Hard to get guns like the AUG, mini UZI and the Sig 550 became the guns that where sought after. They where all relatively rare and in the case of the Sig and AUG very expensive. Also imported guns from quality European companies (like FN) add to the desirability after the fact. The FS2000 should edge out the PS90 simply because there are fewer sold because of costs and hence rarer should another ban stop the flow to the shooting public. Try and find an early version on the FS with the trigger pack that still has the auto-sear lever. Don't forget about the FN SCAR and HK 416, those look very promising also.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Re: Maybe the FS2000 better for investment

ehallspqr said:
Guns are really hit and miss and its hard to judge the ones that will really go up. During the last ban in 86, in general, the more expensive (and hence more rare) the gun, the more collectors wanted it later. I had an FFL from 85 to about 92 and sold mostly black guns. Hard to get guns like the AUG, mini UZI and the Sig 550 became the guns that where sought after. They where all relatively rare and in the case of the Sig and AUG very expensive. Also imported guns from quality European companies (like FN) add to the desirability after the fact. The FS2000 should edge out the PS90 simply because there are fewer sold because of costs and hence rarer should another ban stop the flow to the shooting public. Try and find an early version on the FS with the trigger pack that still has the auto-sear lever. Don't forget about the FN SCAR and HK 416, those look very promising also.
This is pretty much spot on. The only thing I would add is to buy firearms of very high quality.

I had a good collection of Chinese AK's at one time. I decided to trim the collection a bit (it does get out of hand). The Polytech Legends were easier to do magazine reloads and had a better finish than the stamped models so I decided to keep them. It turned out to be the right move.

V.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Re: Maybe the FS2000 better for investment

ehallspqr said:
True, but it all becomes mute if the prohibit the transfer of such guns in the future.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't think a ban on transfers is likely to occur. It would be very difficult to enforce and would ultimately lead to gun registration. Viva la resistance!

·
Registered
857 Posts
ffemt596 said:
I don't think a ban on transfers is likely to occur. It would be very difficult to enforce and would ultimately lead to gun registration. Viva la resistance!
I beg to differ, a ban on legal transfers of certain weapons is very easy to do.

·
Administrator
12,117 Posts
ffemt596 said:
Easier done than you think.

The next AG Eric Holder said in his confirmations hearings that he supports a renewal of the AWB, closing the so called Gun Show Loophole, and restricting 'cop killer' ammunition - that is EVERY type of ammunition as I do not know of an ammunition that WILL NOT kill a cop.

He also stated that this can be done 'post Heller decision' which means that he is already considering these actions. And as the new overseer of the BATFE, he can write regulations at any time to make transfer of firearms more difficult than you can imagine, which will stay in place until challenged in court which will take time, time, and more time, to get overturned.

Things are about to get very ugly in the DOJ and BATFE.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looks like I better buy all I can if I will never be able to buy them again! Even if not for resale. It would take gun registration like the full auto ban to keep track. I think that would be a tough sell, at least I hope.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I agree the political climate can and probably will change to a degree. There will be very little an individual can do about that, but collectively, that is a different story. I would say it is better to buy what you want now and plan on hanging onto that purchase. Buying/selling and even trading could become allot harder in the future. On the other hand people are over reacting just like they did in 1986. These super inflated prices and low inventories at the weapons industry will blow over. At any rate the question was "which would be a better investment, PS or FS" and I say the FS because it is more expensive and exclusive.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts