FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What handgun is 1 that you've always wanted (within reason - not some pie in the sky gun or full auto thing)? A gun that has always interested you, but you know that you will probably never get it?

For me, it's the HK P7... They look kewl, and I wouldn't mind one. But a new one is just too expensive... Although Top Gun Supply really tempted me when he had some hard chromed ones for sale earlier this year....

But, I needa try one first, before I shell out the cash. And, I always have something else on the list....

·
Registered
265 Posts
I've owned 2 HK P7M8's, and carried one for 7 years.

I don't have either one anymore........they're very cool, but other guns do the job just as well and are lighter and carry more ammo in the same size package.

I've had just about everything on my want list, or close to it.

I suppose I'd really like to have another HK P9S Combat in .45 ACP, but the chances of getting another one are slim.

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
At this point, I can't afford anything (being a poor college student and all), but down the road I will probably get everything I want, from a 1911 to a Walther P99, HK 45, and FNP-45 (military would be sweet-if they are ever released). The list goes on: the more I see, the more I want.

·
Registered
137 Posts
post subject

I guess I'd have to go with a Sig 210, I know they're out there cuz I've fondled a couple,, and shot a really special one. I cant hold as good as they will group anymore, but its sure nice to hold that level of workmanship.

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
fatcat said:
I have to set some limits for myself. Whys a full auto a pie in the sky?
Because one - not everyone in every state can qualify for one. And two - I stated that because anytime one of these threads start - someone always posts a battleship gun, or some 50 caliber machine gun that's on top of a tank or something (ray gun, etc).

I didn't want this thread to head in that direction - so I kept it focused to a gun you could walk down and pick up at your local shop tomorrow, or at the next gunshow (and walk right out with w/o all the NFA stuff)

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Hmmm... well with no NFA stuff I can't say a Thompson MG. So I guess a Les Baer 1911 Custom Carry

·
Registered
735 Posts
I guess I'd say a Garand. There are just too many more practical guns for my purposes on the list ahead of it, and I have to choose my acquisitions very carefully.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I would really like a Sig 220 Carry SAO - one of the overruns they made with the beavertail (I hope you are listening Santa - promise I won't shoot my eye out)

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
[drift]Playboypenquin takes some great pics. And he doesn't use a fancy camera either.[/drift]

·
Registered
134 Posts
There are a few on my list. Okay, more than a few. But I'd have to say this one takes the cake:

The Phillips & Rodgers M47 "Medusa" revolver. Leave it up to a couple NASA engineers from Texas to design a double-action hand ejector with a very unique barrel, chamber, and ejector that allows it to take .38 Special, .357 Mag, 9x19mm, .38 Super, and a whole host of other cartridges without any replacement parts or adjustments. I have no idea how many were made and they don't go for too much money, but the people who have them don't want to let go. They are very seldom seen on the market.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts