FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I got some questions for my fello forum members if you own a 9mm please chime in on these questions. I own a glock 17, I love to fire 115 grain winchester ball ammo I get at walmart for ruffly 15.95 a box per 100 rounds. My question is what is the best personal defence ammo and why hense the why part. I like Federal Hydroshok 147 grain. I also seen they make a 124 grain +p+ (can a glock fire +p+ ammo?), also is remington Glden Saber JHP 124 grain +p+ any good? or remington Golden Saber JHP 147 grain? another type is Winchester Ranger types for 9mm. So lets hear what is what and what is best thanks people

·
Banned
328 Posts
I used to carry hydrashoks but switched to speer gold dots. They are used by law enforcement in my area including state police.

Modified weapons and/or exotic looking ammo = field day for lawyers in court.

·
Registered
12 Posts
workingman1976 said:
Ok I got some questions for my fello forum members if you own a 9mm please chime in on these questions. I own a glock 17, I love to fire 115 grain winchester ball ammo I get at walmart for ruffly 15.95 a box per 100 rounds. My question is what is the best personal defence ammo and why hense the why part. I like Federal Hydroshok 147 grain. I also seen they make a 124 grain +p+ (can a glock fire +p+ ammo?), also is remington Glden Saber JHP 124 grain +p+ any good? or remington Golden Saber JHP 147 grain? another type is Winchester Ranger types for 9mm. So lets hear what is what and what is best thanks people
Glocks eat +P+ ammo because they were made to shoot hot European ammo.

I carry Ranger 147gr since it shoots nice and smooth in my G17. I also keep one mag of either the Ranger Bonded or the Federal Tactical Bonded.

I have carried the Ranger 115+P+,127+P+ and the Golden Saber 124+P Bonded in the past.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I have a glock 17 and a glock 34. Like you, I have the same hydroshok and golden sabers. But I don't shoot alot of them at the range, too expensive. I usually shoot 115 grain FMJ blackhills ammo to practice with.

·
Premium Member
3,591 Posts
For 9mm carry gun, I use Speer Gold Dot +P+.
For 9mm pocket carry gun, I use Federal Hydroshoks.
For 9mm range gun, I use WWB.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
has anyone tried the winchester 115 grain ball they sell at walmart in 100 round boxes? I personally like the ammo.

·
Registered
12 Posts
WWB is Decent target ammo.

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
I prefer CCI Blazer for target ammo. I used to use nothing but WWB in my 9mms. But I had 2 bad rounds in the same box once.

At Academy, Blazer is a tiny bit cheaper, and it is a lot cleaner.

Now, I do use both Blazer Brass and WWB in my 40 cal.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well you get a 100 rounds of 115 grain ball winchester ammo for 18.90 a box it was 15 a box at walmart, and its kick azz ammo

1 - 11 of 11 Posts