FN Herstal Firearms banner

WHICH MK. DO I HAVE I, II, III

4K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  yooper14 
#1 ·
MINE IS A SILVER HARD CHROME PRACTICAL W/ GOLD TRIGGER. SN. 245NZ IS IT A I.II.III.??? YR. 1991.. THANKS,, BOBBY :)

#12 ·
smokefrog, what is the serial number, including both letters and numbers if applicable? If it makes you more comfortable, replace the last 2 numbers with Xs.
And...what are its features? A pic would serve best...

As has been pointed out, cliff won't be around anytime soon...even if he could answer your question :?: :mrgreen:...

#13 ·
The key to answering the year of manufacture of your Hi-power is the two letters in the middle of the serial number. The "P" stands for 8, and the "T" for 6, so it was made in 1986. The "245" at the beginning of the serial number sequence indicates it was a government contract run.

If you want to get the entire alphabet code for identifying year of manufacture, Google "Stephen A. Camp Hi-powers and Handguns". He was one of the great Hi-power gurus, (regretfully now deceased) and his book is on line at that location. It contains a handy one-page guide for identifying when Hi-powers were made.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.