FN Herstal Firearms banner

Which of these 2 Site Banners is your favorite?

• Banner #1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Banner #2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
15,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok - we had the contest recently for members to make site banners to replace our old one.

We had one entry up for about a month, and now there is a new one that was put up a couple of days ago.

These are the two finalists. Plese vote on which is your favorite!

-----------------

#2 (I know there is a black part in this image, but U can see it at the top in its entirety right now)

·
Registered
857 Posts
sorry, but i actually don't like either of them
If i was forced to pick i would choose the second one
becuase the fn forum look blurry to me the first one and the fn logo does not look clean

·
Registered
27 Posts
wlcohen said:
sorry, but i actually don't like either of them
If i was forced to pick i would choose the second one
becuase the fn forum look blurry to me the first one and the fn logo does not look clean
I agree. They are both too busy. Logos should be clean, crisp, and easily recognizable. Those are a mess, and the FN logo sure doesn't help.

I don't have the solution, but I really don't feel those are the answer.

A

·
0 Posts
I think banner #2, the one that is up now, looks very nice. I like the blue splatter effect behind the FN logo. I think it stands out well.

Besides, out of all the entries, those were the best two.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Personally, I like #2 better.

I think it looks fine Ship. Although I agree the first one is kinda "busy" I don't think that #2 is at all. And I like incorporating the FN logo into it myself...

Just my 2-cents worth.

·
Registered
15,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
#1 has a gap in it because it is 2 different images - when up at the top - that light gray line isn't there.

I got used to seeing #1 at the top after the 1st week. Like some of U guys, I wasn't sure at first - but after a while, I really liked it.

But, I really like #2. At first, I wasn't sure about the silver/grey text standing out enough. But, after a day, I really, really like #2.

#2 is my fav, and I think it would be great if it stayed up there.

We weren't getting anymore entries, so I picked the first two and figured people could vote.

I also like the aura around the FN logo - it wouldn't be as kewl if it was just plain white. It kind of gives it a neon feel.

·
Registered
980 Posts
I like #1 because I made it. also, I like the p90 in there
#2 is very nice though :p
"the best" doesn't stand out perfectly well but that's a minor complaint.
-like the fuzziness of #1, it's something that could be easily altered.

·
Registered
27 Posts
ShipWreck said:
I also like the aura around the FN logo
I assume that you have written permission to use the FN logo...................right?

·
Registered
15,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There are several FN employees who have registered on this site and I have been in contact with one of them.

·
Registered
15,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There are several FN employees who have registered on this site and I have been in contact with one of them.

If there is a problem I am sure they will let me know.

A

·
0 Posts
Average Joe, why do you have to rain on their parade? Many gun forums have various logos. All the contestant entries had the FN logo incorporated. They've had various entries up for a while now - and, the original banner had the FN logo.

If FN asks them to take it down, I am sure they will. Case closed.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Axiom said:
Average Joe, why do you have to rain on their parade? Many gun forums have various logos. All the contestant entries had the FN logo incorporated. They've had various entries up for a while now - and, the original banner had the FN logo.
Oh, I get it. Blame the guy that noticed there might be a problem, but not those who illegally copy, modify ,and use the property of others. In case you are totally clueless, registered trademarks are protected by both U.S. and International law.

Isn't it amazing how some people can get all high and mighty about their own RIGHTS but have no problem trampling the rights of others?

·
Registered
329 Posts
I think if they put a disclaimer at the bottom of the page..... Something similiar to "The FN Logo, name, and all liknesses are the property of FNH and are reserved as such. This website has no connection with the officail FNH company."

Something like that. If FN complains, then they can take it down.

·
Premium Member
3,531 Posts
AverageJoe said:
Axiom said:
Oh, I get it. Blame the guy that noticed there might be a problem, but not those who illegally copy, modify ,and use the property of others. In case you are totally clueless, registered trademarks are protected by both U.S. and International law.

Isn't it amazing how some people can get all high and mighty about their own RIGHTS but have no problem trampling the rights of others?
I appreciate you worry for use - please let us handle the legalities here.

Thanks,

-TH

·
Registered
15,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
OK, banner #2, designed by "Thirsty" is the winner! :shock:

Promoted pawn still did a great job, however. I have photoshop and messed with it - but I don't see how U guys do that stuff! I am impressed!

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Congrats Thirsty! Don't forget that free PS90 therm offered the winner. :lol:

TA

·
Registered
75 Posts
Thanks everybody!

Free PS90!? Sweet! :wink:

For the t-shirts, do you want me to send a higher res image? If so, give me some time to work it up, as what I have now is all 72dpi. Let me know what you'd like.

·
Registered
15,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thirsty said:
Thanks everybody!

Free PS90!? Sweet! :wink:

For the t-shirts, do you want me to send a higher res image? If so, give me some time to work it up, as what I have now is all 72dpi. Let me know what you'd like.
Yea, I got your PM. Please send me the larger dpi

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.