FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I'm looking to get an FNP 9mm but can't decide on which one. Price is the same-$360 for either one. These are the black, SA/DA. Any thoughts on advantages/disadvantages of each one other than the small difference is size and one less in the mag.

thanks!

·
Registered
249 Posts
What is it going to be used for?

What other hg's do you own?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This gun is going to be part of my growing collection of 9mm that are easy to shoot, accurate, dependable and nice looking. I already have a S&W M&Pc 9mm and I just ordered a Steyr MA1-9. I also have a Walther P22 for plinking.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I have & like both. If you want it for cc, try the M for grip/hand fit & if it fits ok (I get a full hand grip w/mag in place), that little shorter grip hides better for me IWB. The FNP9 would be my first choice for truck/car/house/range gun due to extra rd and slightly longer barrel. Glad I don't have to choose. :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I chose the FNP-9!

Bought it yesterday. The deciding factor was the free shooter's pack which the 9M was not eligible (or so I was told) and the availability of more accessories. Bought it from the gunsource for $360. Can't wait to get it next week! Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I chose the FNP-9M

Ordered mine today from the same place. After they come in maybe we can compare online.

Since ammo has gotten so expensive I wanted to add a high capacity 9mm to my small collection. I already have a S & W 3913, but the magazine capacity is only 8 rounds.

I also have a Walther P22 for fun shooting, along with the following in order of aquisition:

Stevens 22 single shot rifle
Remington 552BDL semi-automatic rifle
H & R 22 9 shot revolver
Bauer 25 semi-automatic pistol
Remington 870 12 Ga. Magnum Pump Shotgun
Colt 38 Detective Special Revolver
Taurus CH85 38 Special Revolver (My Wife's Gun)
S & W 38 Special Revolver 4" Barrell (Police Special-Used)
S & W Sigma 40 Caliber
Marlin 1894C 357/38 Lever Action Rifle
Saiga 7.62 x 39 semi-automatic rifle (Sporterized AK)

·
Registered
48 Posts
I chose the FNP-9M - Shooters Pack

As per Amy Ruby at FN the 9M does qualify for the Shooters Pack.

We will see when mine comes in.

·
Registered
8 Posts
By the way, FNP-9Ms do qualify for the shooter's pack. I just received mine last week.

The shooter's packs aren't worth much though (IMHO).

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yea, I just found out that the holster only comes in right hand, and I am a lefty. So the Shooter's Pack won't be worth much to me anyhow.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts