are you looking for full auto?

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
But we still dont know if we are talking about a p90 or ps90

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
I'll take either in a self defense situation, But I would say that I would grab the P90/PS90 as you really can't beat 50rds on tap. Something to think about if you live in gang banger land.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Or if you have the double stacked mag that is another 50 relatively quick

·
Registered
148 Posts
I'd choose the 90 w/ optional mag clamp on a 50 for a total of 100 rnds on tap. Overkill yes, but I like the security in knowing its available.

8)

·
Registered
35 Posts
For what? Home defense?

I keep a Para .45 with night sights in the nightstand. The wife is trained on how to use it and I keep it cocked 'n' locked for her when I'm travelling.

Personally I'm one of those who believe bigger, well placed holes are better than small holes. A .22 in the eye will kill intruders as dead as a .45. To be honest, it really boils down to the fact that a gun is only one part of home defense. Proper planning and a "security mindset" is really the most important tool you have.

If you're talking a one-size-fits-all laser gun for any situation, there isn't one. That .45 won't drop a deer at 200 yards. Then again a poorly-placed shot with ANY caliber would fail at the same task. ;)

If you're talking end of the world zombie cleansing, I'd grab one of my AK's if I had to choose just one. But that's just me. :? Then again the -90's big brother, the FAL, would be a good all-around choice as well.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
If I had to chose from the two choices either a FA P90 or a FA 45acp the first thing would be what platform is the 45ACP being fired out of?

If its that Kriss thing, than I'd chose the P90.
If its a Tommy gun, Again I'd chose the P90.
If its a MAC-10, Yep, I'd pick the P90.

Now if it was a choice between the P90 and the HK UMP, that would be a hard one. Assuming that I also can get whatever ammo type I want. It would be a toss up for me.

On the other hand if my choice is between the PS90 and HK USC, without a dought the PS90. (with Civilian Rounds).

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
devildoc said:
If I had to chose from the two choices either a FA P90 or a FA 45acp the first thing would be what platform is the 45ACP being fired out of?

If its that Kriss thing, than I'd chose the P90.
If its a Tommy gun, Again I'd chose the P90.
If its a MAC-10, Yep, I'd pick the P90.

Now if it was a choice between the P90 and the HK UMP, that would be a hard one. Assuming that I also can get whatever ammo type I want. It would be a toss up for me.

On the other hand if my choice is between the PS90 and HK USC, without a dought the PS90. (with Civilian Rounds).

Hey I saw that KRISS thing at the last gun show (Full Auto one) I think it's interesting and I may buy the semi one thats coming out soon. They do a head to head shootout video " KRISS vs HK UMP on their web site. The HK UMP conversion SBR is a cool .45 semi too.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I'd say the p90, more rounds = keeps you in the fight longer, thats what counts to me

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
That kriss is a sandwich with some butter, butter, jam, butter, jam. Hey if you want one I have good news for ya, there is one more available out there cuz I'm not buying it.

I see zero advantages to the kriss. Anything you can do with it, you can do the same with a Glock 21, and at a much cheaper price. IMO.

·
Registered
475 Posts
devildoc said:
I see zero advantages to the kriss. Anything you can do with it, you can do the same with a Glock 21, and at a much cheaper price. IMO.
+1

whats that thing cost anyway, i think i saw it for $1800, thats like 3 glock 21's or one glock 21 and a lot of ammo!

·
Registered
225 Posts
i guess for me i would have to know weather or not my shots were going to hit body armor or not. if they were against soft flesh i think i might have to go with the UMP. body armor... P90 all the way.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
I would go with the '90 all the way, more rounds ect

1 - 20 of 26 Posts