FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my PS90 standard rail (with built in iron sight) I have been playing around with sights from some of my other toys and can't decide what to use. Everything sits way to high. I noticed that some people like the Tros mounts, but for now I am either going to have to use my ACOG, Eotech, or Aimpoint Comp M4S. I was thinking about getting a lower profile sight such as a Burris FF, which I've heard good things about, but I cannot yet afford to buy a new sight.

The Eotech currently sits about 5" above the barrel. I know I can double mag with clamp to get a higher cheek weld but was trying not to go that route. Any suggestions on what I should currently use out of what I have and what I might want to look at purchasing in the future in regards to sights or lower sitting mounts? Thanks in advance for your time guys.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Not that this is helpful, but that is why the Tri-Rails are a bit more desirable to some. They sit lower because they don't have the iron sights. My first PS-90 was a standard model but everything I've done since then is TRs for the exact reason you have mentioned.

Titan

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea i figured that out since i bought mine a while back. the only down side is not having back up iron sights right?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i thought a buddy of mine used to have a micro t 1 maybe im wrong maybe it was a h1 hmmm i will have to ask him. i know one thing they are proud of those sights not cheap. the tros mount doest look like it would work with my acog i have a 3x30 doesnt lool like they make a mount for that one although i thought it was still considered a mini acog? wich is fine i really wanted to leave the acog on one of my ar's anyway. Thanks for the input guys

·
FN Supporter
433 Posts
i thought a buddy of mine used to have a micro t 1 maybe im wrong maybe it was a h1 hmmm i will have to ask him. i know one thing they are proud of those sights not cheap. the tros mount doest look like it would work with my acog i have a 3x30 doesnt lool like they make a mount for that one although i thought it was still considered a mini acog? wich is fine i really wanted to leave the acog on one of my ar's anyway. Thanks for the input guys
The mount is designed for the Mini ACOG 1.5x or 2x with the base for an M-16 carrying handle. Above 2x and the eye relief becomes a problem.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok good to know right now the Acog has a larue tactical dos mini mount. I got to figureout what optic and mount to run on it . I keep flip flopping sights around. Thanks for the input and advice

·
Registered
421 Posts
Reactions: Shap

·
Registered
241 Posts
I am going to try the Damage Industries rail, it is lower than the factory rail. My Meprolight m21 with the quick detach sits way too high on the factory rail IMO.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I am going to try the Damage Industries rail, it is lower than the factory rail. My Meprolight m21 with the quick detach sits way too high on the factory rail IMO.
I purchased the Promoted Pawn rail which was quite a bit lower than the factory rail. It still was too high!

Thats when I purchased the TROS mount (which I should have done first), buy once, cry once.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Are there any accessories that require the "ears" that stick up at the top of the receiver? I have a feeling that the top of the ears will need to be ground down a bit for the amount my m21 will hang over the lower rail. I suspect that this is part of the reason the factory rail sits so high. Has anyone matched the factory finish for touchup purposes?

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Are there any accessories that require the "ears" that stick up at the top of the receiver? I have a feeling that the top of the ears will need to be ground down a bit for the amount my m21 will hang over the lower rail. I suspect that this is part of the reason the factory rail sits so high. Has anyone matched the factory finish for touchup purposes?
To my knowledge there are no accessories that require the "ears". Until I get my upper refinished, I just hit it with "rattle can" Semi-Gloss black

·
Registered
34 Posts
Can anyone explain the difference (if any) between the Aimpoint Mirco H-1 to the Micro T-1? I'm looking hard at the T-1 (model # 12417 2MOA). Any info would be great appreciated, as I haven't been able to read about any myself. Thanks!

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
T1 is night vision compatible & the H1 is not. Purchase the H1 from www.strykerent.com or send him a PM here on the board-sgtstrykerusmc43!

Can anyone explain the difference (if any) between the Aimpoint Mirco H-1 to the Micro T-1? I'm looking hard at the T-1 (model # 12417 2MOA). Any info would be great appreciated, as I haven't been able to read about any myself. Thanks!

·
Registered
34 Posts
One more question (OP, I apologize for the mini hi-jack), I'm seeing (2) different types of mounts (Weaver/Picatinny) for both the H-1/T-1. Is there any advantage of one over the other?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
hey pursuitss is that promoted pawn rail have a iron sight on it also? i thought that i read the rail was adjustable in height? im gonna have to check out the t1 along with a cpl others anyone have an opinion on the burris ff sights. thanks again for all the help and advice everyone much appreciated

1 - 20 of 29 Posts