FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question: which Larue micro mount will enable me to co-witness SCAR factory sights? Thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
If I remember correctly there is no absolute co-witness larue mounts. You could get the LT660HK model will be close but not right on. Mind you I could be completely wrong. I run a absolute co witness adm mount . Ill double check when I get home that it is indeed true co-witness

·
Premium Member
5,859 Posts
If I remember correctly there is no absolute co-witness larue mounts. You could get the LT660HK model will be close but not right on. Mind you I could be completely wrong. I run a absolute co witness adm mount . Ill double check when I get home that it is indeed true co-witness
I had this Larue mount awhile ago, I recall it co-witnessing on the my SCAR16 for the short time I ran it.

LaRue Tactical Aimpoint Micro Mount, LT751 | LaRue Tactical

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
152 Posts
I have a T1 in a LaRue HK660 mount but it's on my ACR. If I get time tonight I'll take it off and throw it on my 17 and see how it cowitness

·
Premium Member
5,859 Posts
Any reason why you stop using that mount or optic combo?
Personally I didn't like the release lever digging into the receiver, the only way to keep the mount tight I needed more tension on the lever than I liked.
I sold the mount and replaced it with an American Defense Mount, I like the way they clamp around the rail vs the pinching under the rail Larue does it.

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Personally I didn't like the release lever digging into the receiver, the only way to keep the mount tight I needed more tension on the lever than I liked.
I sold the mount and replaced it with an American Defense Mount, I like the way they clamp around the rail vs the pinching under the rail Larue does it.
Which ADM mount are you running with the micro? I might get that instead; ADM is actually slightly cheaper than Larue.

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
One left in stock, if you're wanting it. AD-T1-10. $87.50, shipped.-SS
I will take it.

PS so glad you take credit card now. :wink:

Thanks for the help guys!

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Will do.

Reactions: 1KPerDay

·
Registered
73 Posts
I took these pics for people interested. Sorry, the quality isn't great and it was a three handed affair but it gets the point across. This is a SCAR 17. Rear sight is set to "3". You can see the ADM is pretty spot on. The LT-751 is too low. I hope somebody is willing to take a similar pic with a Larue 660 tall mount on a SCAR.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Thanks Talhoffer, Sarge and Darwin .... I didn't know the ADM co witness mount worked so well with the scar..

I have one already which will now use on my scar... :shock:

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
I took these pics for people interested. Sorry, the quality isn't great and it was a three handed affair but it gets the point across. This is a SCAR 17. Rear sight is set to "3". You can see the ADM is pretty spot on. The LT-751 is too low. I hope somebody is willing to take a similar pic with a Larue 660 tall mount on a SCAR.

Whatever works for your standard AR, will work exactly the same for the SCAR family. So the Larue tall LT660 mount will be a lower 1/3 co-witness on an AR and a SCAR.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Whatever works for your standard AR, will work exactly the same for the SCAR family. So the Larue tall LT660 mount will be a lower 1/3 co-witness on an AR and a SCAR.
Apparently not. The lt751 is perfect for absolute cw on ARs but you can see in the pic it sits a little low on a scar

1 - 20 of 26 Posts