FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered some ameriglo tritium night sights and just wondering if it matters which way they are pushed in and out.

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
Doesn't really matter. When I had sights installed on an FNP 45, the smith went left to right (muzzle facing away)

·
Registered
172 Posts
Don't why my first post didn't show up. But, when taking sights off it doesn't matter which direction you go. But when installing sights you should always go from left to right.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Don't why my first post didn't show up. But, when taking sights off it doesn't matter which direction you go. But when installing sights you should always go from left to right.
Ahhh yes left to right. Nothing ambiguous about that. :) But being right handed would make that awkward for me regardless of which way the gun was oriented. hehehe

·
Registered
172 Posts
Ahhh yes left to right. Nothing ambiguous about that. :) But being right handed would make that awkward for me regardless of which way the gun was oriented. hehehe
Also in my original post (the one that isn't showing up.) I stated that the rear of the slide should be facing you. Guess I was brain farting and was thinking orientation of the slide had been covered. My bad.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Its all good. your not the only one posting ambiguity:p lol I thought it was funny

·
Registered
120 Posts
It's confusing when the slide orientation isn't mentioned. I guess most of us see the muzzle end as pointing away from the owner/shooter/gunsmith/etc.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts