FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two nicely equipped PS90's and two FN Five-seveN's or one ultimately equipped FS2000 and one FN Five-seven?
Tomac

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
ewww tough choice man.....i would go with a '90 and FiveseveN personally or the pic above. i would go with the two b/c of they are just bada$$ not to mention the of course shoot the same ammo which i see as a plus.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Remember, the choice is between having 2 PS90's and 2 FN 57's or just 1 FS2000 and 1 FN57.
Tomac

·
Registered
265 Posts
Tomac said:
Remember, the choice is between having 2 PS90's and 2 FN 57's or just 1 FS2000 and 1 FN57.
Tomac
I know, I was just funnin' a little.

Of THOSE 2 choices, I'd take the FS2000 and the pistol.

I want a carbine with some power behind it, and I can only use one at a time.

·
Vendor
5,704 Posts
I'd take the 2 fully equiped PS90s and 2 FN 57s. :?
If you want a .223 rifle you can sell one of the PS90s and buy a good m4 for the money. Then you will have 1 PS90 1 M4 and 2 FN 57s. :cool:

·
Registered
475 Posts
i would say one fs2000 and one five seven, dual wielding two ps90's would be cool but doubt if i could hit what i was aiming at over 15yards away and you did say the fs2000 was ultimately set up.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
M1P90 said:
I'd take the 2 fully equiped PS90s and 2 FN 57s. :?
If you want a .223 rifle you can sell one of the PS90s and buy a good m4 for the money. Then you will have 1 PS90 1 M4 and 2 FN 57s. :cool:
yea i agreed +1

·
Registered
22 Posts
I sold my FS 2000 after I purchased my PS90 and Five seven with no regrets.I could not bring myself to trust it for some strange reason,too much plastic for my taste.also the problems with the charching handle breaking kind turned me off.For $2200 you can almost get 2 Colts 6920 and you'll have yourself the ultimate AR 15 :D .
If you got your mind set already on one and looking for encouragment from us I'll say go ahead and purchase one,if you don't like it you can always sell it with little or no losses,heck I made money on mine when I did and also sold the C-More seperatly as well.If you go the Ar route,for appreciation in value ,faster to sell you will never go wrong with the 6920,it's the original and the one that everyone is copying.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'd take the 2 + 2 deal. You could mod one weapon to your heart's content, shoot the heck out of it, and still have another pristine weapon to sell later for some great cash if you want.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I'd go for the 2 + 2 deal. I'd duracoat one and keep the other stock. Always wanted to do that, but I also like the stock look.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Tough choice.

Me, I would go with the FS200 and 5-7. I like just the FS2000.

The more practical and intelligent choice would appear to be the 2 PS90's and 5-7's.

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
The forend of the FS2000 is just too bulky to me. If I got one, I'd have to get that replacement part to make it like the PS90 front grip.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I would go with the 2 + 2 as well . And I would do this becase:

1. more ammo , 30rds vs 50 rds. ( carry less mags)
2. more compact & lighter.
3. the PS90 is cooler :?
4. and more bang for your buck !

and + 1 on if you really need a .223 you can sell a 90 and get one.

I had a FS2000 and sold it before I even shot it, and have no regrets, it just doesnt balance well or feel right for me when I shoulder it. And I have big hands and the forend just didnt feel good.

I go and have gone through the same issues with making decisions.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Without a dought the 2 PS90 and 2 Pistols. I never liked the FS2000. It's way to fat. It feels like your shooting a bullpup that has spent to much time a Mcdonalds and has gotten Supersized itself.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hmm. What do you mean by ultimately equipped? As in equivalent optics and such to hang off the rifle as to make it equivalent in price to two PS90? (Thats some pretty decent optics to perform a variety of roles:)

If we keep it in the context of this 'fun' hypothetical situation, and fix the variables to just the parameters listed, then the 5.56 for sure.

I've been toying with the idea of getting a PS90. But I'd have to go with the FS2000 and a backup FiveSeven. The simple reason is 5.56 just has better performance and energy:
5.7x28 (approx 400 ft/lbs)
5.56x45 (approx 1250 ft/lbs)
It can do everything the 5.7 round can and more in terms of ballistic performance. Also, no round restrictions on 5.56.
Yes, same ol' argument about the 7.62 vs 5.56 that goes on to this day. Less ammo or more capability.

But like a previous poster indicated: just get all 5 :)

on a side note... do you guys ever get a blood blister/skin pinched on your palm while locking in PS90 mags? I must have done that 4 times already. Ugh!

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
hmm never had that issue before. another thing to consider is yea, it might have higher velocity but the round tumbles as well and from the research i have done the 5.7 doesnt. There is a company that makes a round called the S4 SuperRapTOR that is stated to exceed 2250fps out of the FN FiveseveN. Thats pretty good if you ask me.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hmm. What do you mean by ultimately equipped? As in equivalent optics and such to hang off the rifle as to make it equivalent in price to two PS90? (Thats some pretty decent optics to perform a variety of roles:)
You nailed it! Ultimately equipped as with an Elcan Specter DR (and yeah, it costs as much as a PS90 all by itself... sigh...) Why limit the range of the rifle with only a 1x RDS?
Tomac

·
Registered
395 Posts
I chose the MSAR STG-556 over the FS2000.

Having said that, I'd take the 2 of each deal...

1 - 20 of 46 Posts