FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, another newbie question. Just brought my "NIB" rifle home from DROS and the white plastic thing just behind the bolt on the bolt carrier assembly is cracked almost in two. I have read through my manual (at warp speed ; ) and cannot figure this out. On page 33 it is clearly there but not named and on page 34 it is gone.

What is it? Is it integral or some kind of safety thing that needs to be removed and stay removed ( I hope cause i had planned on shooting this tomorrow ; (

If it is integral does anyone know the part # and name.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Damn. Integral. Re Read the manual and it looks like I have to postpone my range trip : (

Anyone else have this happen to them? Mine is supposedly NIB. Could they have cracked this at the factory during test fire and shipped it out without ever noticing?

Any ideas on how much this part costs. I will be calling FN tomorrow and getting two (maybe 3) Any other parts I should get as spares or in anticipation, while I am having them send me a package?

I am sure it is an anomaly but it doesn't do much for my confidence in the materials/sturdiness department.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi all, thanks for the kind words. It is a "Switch," part no BFS2000 058 and parts are non existent at this point. After the first of the year maybe shipments.

On my other post someone directed me to a specific person at FNH USA Mr. Ailes.

Best advice EVER. Mr Ailes called me within two hours of my emaling him. Pretty amazing IMO He explained that the problem was common to people re assembling the fs 2000 incorrectly. Not seating the Bolt Carrier Assembly properly and then ramming or sliding the upper in too fast/hard WILL Crack or break this part. Said it is LIKELY if not re assembled correctly. Also said he would help me out and get me a new one.

He is the man and I could not be happier with FN just based on how he treated me and my situation. Spent a good amount of time on the phone with me and solved my issue when it looked hopeless. I WILL GET TO THE RANGE THIS YEAR AFTER ALL!!!!!

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
easy g said:
Hi all, thanks for the kind words. It is a "Switch," part no BFS2000 058 and parts are non existent at this point. After the first of the year maybe shipments.

On my other post someone directed me to a specific person at FNH USA Mr. Ailes.

Best advice EVER. Mr Ailes called me within two hours of my emaling him. Pretty amazing IMO He explained that the problem was common to people re assembling the fs 2000 incorrectly. Not seating the Bolt Carrier Assembly properly and then ramming or sliding the upper in too fast/hard WILL Crack or break this part. Said it is LIKELY if not re assembled correctly. Also said he would help me out and get me a new one.

He is the man and I could not be happier with FN just based on how he treated me and my situation. Spent a good amount of time on the phone with me and solved my issue when it looked hopeless. I WILL GET TO THE RANGE THIS YEAR AFTER ALL!!!!!

:? :? :? Glad to hear it!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts