FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
If I know that I'm going to be out close to sundown or past I will. If I'm going to the gas station for a pack of smokes or a gallon gas/milk, I tend to leave it at home.

·
Premium Member
2,955 Posts
I keep a tactical light in both vehicles and have one on each floor of the house, but I don't carry one on my person.

·
Registered
630 Posts
I carry a kroma2 and keep one in each car you just never know when you will need IR

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
i usually have a tac light/laser on my gun when i carry...but i also have a mag light in the car :)

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have an extra Brinkman light (it slike a cheaper version of the Scorpion light) - and whenever I go anywhere where I wear my cargo pants - I carry it now. I started this about 2 months ago. I remembered reading a post where someone here claimed that they were at a movie when the power went out for a while - and that the people inside started to panic until that member pulled out his light and used it to help everyone leave the theatre. I forget if that was Texas Armadillo or Iraq Ninja who said that.

Anyway - since I have the extra light now, I started doing that. I carry enough crap in my cargo pants. What's 1 more item...

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
I have bright 4 watt LED lights in the nightstand drawers for things that go bump in the night and lights in both cars. (both crank powered, as battery powered lights left in the car always seem to be dead).

I also keep a small ight in the bag I take to work every day in case the building lights go out during an emergency.

For camping I use led headlamps by princeton tec (you can't beat hands free light when setting up camp after dark or cooking or doing dishes outdoors)

Other than that, I find it too uncomfortable to lug around a light in my pants on a daily basis.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Alot of people around here carry stun guns...anyone carry those? In my eyes it kinda defeats the purpose of carrying a hand gun in some aspects

·
Registered
980 Posts
iCeMaN said:
Alot of people around here carry stun guns...anyone carry those? In my eyes it kinda defeats the purpose of carrying a hand gun in some aspects
a taser disables faster than a bullet- but you only get one shot
I don't carry one, but would recommend them to people who can't or don't carry a pistol.

Stun guns that look like cell phones ect seem very practical. I might get one for carrying when I'm in places like Philly.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
i was thinking about getting one from my local gun shop for the gf....im going to buy a ping one for her lol

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Interesting thread. I don't carry one now. I have "shake" lights in the cars, house, and office, but I have never carried a light on me.

·
Banned
112 Posts
Big shaker for my house, little shaker for my Jeep. Big rechargable MagLight in my cruiser, MagStinger on my duty belt. 6 bulb LED on my keychain. It's not that I don't have much night accuity, but more that I really hate bumping my shins in the dark. Pasty white legs with big ugly bruises look horrible in softball shorts! :oops:

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Okay, I feel better now. I stopped on the way home last night and picked up a SureFire Executive Elite E1e light... that's an awfully big name for such a small light. It's pretty brite. i like it. :?

·
Registered
115 Posts
In my Maxpedition Fatboy versipac (man purse) I carry, pistol with 2 spare mags, Streamlight tlr1, surefire g2z led, handcuffs(u never know) and some other essentials for if/when I get stuck somewhere.

PS I carry my purse almost everywhere! MAN PURSE :oops:

·
Registered
72 Posts
i carry a Novatac EDC 120T as part of the myriad of things i carry around every day. This little light has three brightness settings, and a "disorienting strobe." Well worth what i paid for it.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
tialloydragon said:
i carry a Novatac EDC 120T as part of the myriad of things i carry around every day. This little light has three brightness settings, and a "disorienting strobe." Well worth what i paid for it.
Those strobe flashlights are sweet!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts