FN Herstal Firearms banner

Who has custom 1911s?

3K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  XRING06 
#1 ·
While I am awaiting Springfield's Custom Shop to make the custom 1911 I ordered - who here has custom or semi-custom 1911s? Show me some pics to pass the time (I have to wait until June)

#5 ·
Does a 1995 old rollmark $450 Colt 1991-A1 modified to shoot 45 Super by adding an EGW ss enhanced slide stop, Wilson 1-piece ss guide rod, Wolff 32 lb. recoil spring, Wilson ss target bushing, Wilson Shok-Buf, Hogue rubber finger groove grip addon, and.....Wilson ss grip screws count as a "custom" 1911? :-? :lol:

#6 ·
SELFDEFENSE said:
Does a 1995 old rollmark $450 Colt 1991-A1 modified to shoot 45 Super by adding an EGW ss enhanced slide stop, Wilson 1-piece ss guide rod, Wolff 32 lb. recoil spring, Wilson ss target bushing, Wilson Shok-Buf, Hogue rubber finger groove grip addon, and.....Wilson ss grip screws count as a "custom" 1911? :-? :lol:
I take it you like Wilson stuff?

#10 ·
Last year when Gander Mountain got ahold of some Sistema's, I ended up with two. I left one stock and had a local guy here go nuts on the other. I can't remember off hand the name of the internal parts he used, but it was one of the well known custom parts sets. He put a amby safety on it and mag well bevel. I need to make a decision on a coating for it.

#12 ·
1911 custom carrys

I've been carrying a Bob Chow 45 for almost 30 yrs and havent had occasion to cuss it yet, couple folks have had that urge though. Its brother in the belt is a 45 Gold Cup that I cut up long before the little Colts appeared, the Airforce called them the LeMay models, 4'' bbl and the butt cut to almost exactly what the Officers model would turn out to be. I had some issues with the springing over the years , until I discovered the gluck 9mm flat wire springs from ISMI, a little tweek and viola, no more binding from stacking coils in the 4''.

then there's the Remington M51, been in lust with this one since my grandad let me shoot his. Such a friendly little thing in the hand. I gotta learn how to use a camera and send some pics

Lotsa new and improved stuff out there, but if it aint broke.......

#17 ·
I think my first 1911 will be a Wilson combat custom or a Les Baur....hard to decide...Ill prob snag one next month :?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.