FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
ShipWreck said:
Who here has a Five-seveN pistol?
Post up some pics and tell us why ya like it :)
Sure, why not... :wink:
Although pistols have never been my strong suit it seemed only logical to have the handgun chambered for the same rd as my PS90's. Got my USG for $725 shipped as part of a dealer-sponsored group buy. At first the grip seemed a little large but I've grown use to it and I love the light recoil, 20rd capacity and that I can hit out to 100yds w/little holdover. It's now my nightstand gun (no overpenetration to worry about, a big plus in my book for HD) w/an Insight micro light/laser (very light so it doesn't affect the balance of the FN57) and loaded w/21rds of SS197.
Tomac

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's pretty kewl. The penetration issue is also a good idea.

Nice price ya got it for too. :D

·
Registered
569 Posts
ShipWreck said:
Nice price ya got it for too. :D
Heck, I intend to pick up a 2nd anyway (before the Dems can ban them) and if I'd known they were going to go *up* in price I would have bought 2 instead of 1! (sigh...) :cry:
Tomac

·
Registered
47 Posts
My story is similar. I got the PS90 first, after my friend bought a 5.7. When he wanted to trade it, I ended up with both.

The PS90, in my opinion, is the natural home of the 5.7 x 28mm, though the FiveseveN is a nice pistol.

I just wish it was green, to match my PS90! :evil:

·
Premium Member
3,531 Posts
grendelbane said:
My story is similar. I got the PS90 first, after my friend bought a 5.7. When he wanted to trade it, I ended up with both.

The PS90, in my opinion, is the natural home of the 5.7 x 28mm, though the FiveseveN is a nice pistol.

I got one too. And if you are one of the lucky ones to get the green PS90, there's instructions here:

http://ps90forum.com/Black.html

of how to get it black for less than $10.00

:D

-TH

·
Premium Member
3,591 Posts
I have both an IOM(round trigger gaurd) and a USG(square trigger gaurd) model.
I actually got the Fiveseven first, before the PS90 came out.
Here is my USG with a TLR-2

edit:

Tomac: I also have a Insight that I bought for my USG bot I couldn't get it to zero in. The hex nuts are too small and I can't find a small enough one to sight it in with. How did you sight yours in?

·
Registered
569 Posts
tqtran said:
Tomac: I also have a Insight that I bought for my USG bot I couldn't get it to zero in. The hex nuts are too small and I can't find a small enough one to sight it in with. How did you sight yours in?
Mine came w/an ultra-small hex wrench that's used to zero the laser. If needbe I can loan it to you.
Tomac

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll bet if U called the company, they will mail U one free. Every laser I've ever purchased came with the necessary wrenches...

Tell em it was missing in your package.

·
Premium Member
3,591 Posts
Talked to Insight today and they told me that I can get one for free from
http://www.smartgunner.com/
I just went there and filled out a form and they are suppose to send me one for free. Insight told me that If I need any sight tool for either their X2, M3, M6, etc.. that I can go to that web sight and have one sent to me for free. Just passing on the info incase someone needs a sight tool for their Insight light.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I've got one of the USGs. I like it because it's light! I carry the thing all day and it doesn't feel like it's there. The 20 rnd mag, coupled with the muzle energy makes me confident I could handle a situation. The accuracy's good ('though I shoot tighter with an old Webley in .45acp I have.)

Other than the size of the piece, it's just about perfect.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Thanks for that link. I use the Insight sub compact on my USG too. It didn't come with the hex wrench because it was a dealer display model. (came with a blue gun and plexiglas thing).

·
Registered
16 Posts
ShipWreck said:
That's a very good photo U took. I suck at taking gun photos...
Thank you. Wish I had more time to do it. I took a photography class in HS, 19yrs ago. I kind of miss just going out and taking pics.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Thermallator said:
grendelbane said:

I got one too. And if you are one of the lucky ones to get the green PS90, there's instructions here:

http://ps90forum.com/Black.html

of how to get it black for less than $10.00

:D

-TH
The link does not work :oops:

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
NUTFINN said:
The link does not work :oops:
Yea, sorry about that - we WERE the PS90 forum, and there was a lead in page to the forum section. That's gone now after our switch over to the all FN Forum.

If U PM Therm, he can maybe pull that info for ya and send it to U.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts