FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My side rails are bare for now - who has the cheapest rail covers?

Something like this:

$11.95 seems to be the cheapest I can find.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Ppsstt... "take the rails off" :wink: In home defense at close quarters you can't use the PS90 anyway for a clean shot if a hostage is there. Too much risk of hitting hostage because of site over barrel distance.

Home defense, use a shotgun, no light... it just tells the bad guy where you are. Use voice to identify in a wisper in the dark behind cover. Don't fire if hostage is there. If you are at this point... u b f'ed.

If you want to clear a room on assault detail with a PS90 and a light... toss a flash grenade before entering.... and turn the light off and move quick sideways on entry. (grin)

a lazer right under the barrel may work... but the bad guy may see it and the SS195 will go thru many rooms where innocents may be.

No lights on a PS90, just a site... JMO (grin)

TA

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Funny :p

I plan to add my laser back when Critical Dimensions finishes his side double rail - so I can remount a flashlight and a laser on 1 side.

I plan to leave the inside rail free. I don't want to remove it, though. I like my extended rails, and I think it makes the gun look better - even if the rails are bare.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Ah, just a maybe situation... I'm just thinkin'...

Sighted how? You practice at 25 or 50 yards? Now you are in a 20x15 foot room at best? Where is your round going to hit at 10 feet with a PS90? That's your wife there in his grip. Do you want a PS90 now?

I don't know, precise enough to shoot over my wifes shoulder and hit the bad guy with my nerves on edge just after waking up in a situation like this... would you fire? I wouldn't.

My point is for home defense, keep a shotgun loaded by the bed with a strap, and a pistol light weight with a laser.

You wake, is wife in bed? Where are the kids? You grab the gunz, you strap the shotgun and/or the pistol.

Walk the house with lights off carrying the shotgun.

Now what...?

TA

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm just asking about rail guards dude :p

But since U brought it up - My laser is set for 21 feet - 7 yards. The avg distance in many of the rooms in my house. I have it set like this so I need not bring the gun up to eye level to use the optic if I do not want to. And, at the range, the laser is very accurate at that distance...

But, I just want a rail guard :p

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
:D

I know you were just asking about rail guards protectors. Sorry I drifted...

TA :lol:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Texas Armadillo said:
Ah, just a maybe situation... I'm just thinkin'...

Sighted how? You practice at 25 or 50 yards? Now you are in a 20x15 foot room at best? Where is your round going to hit at 10 feet with a PS90? That's your wife there in his grip. Do you want a PS90 now?

I don't know, precise enough to shoot over my wifes shoulder and hit the bad guy with my nerves on edge just after waking up in a situation like this... would you fire? I wouldn't.

My point is for home defense, keep a shotgun loaded by the bed with a strap, and a pistol light weight with a laser.

You wake, is wife in bed? Where are the kids? You grab the gunz, you strap the shotgun and/or the pistol.

Walk the house with lights off carrying the shotgun.

Now what...?

TA
Not to take this to much further off topic. But your logic is flawed. You are afraid to take the shot with a PS90 due to fear of hitting your wife. But you have no problem hitting her with buckshot. Because if she is in his grasps she is going to get hit. What's you solution? HP Slugs? What would you rather accidently shoot her with a 5.7 or a 12 gauge slug? Remember a slug in the head means instant death when you make that call.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Good point... :wink:

*Note to self... engage brain before typing*

Ship, my brother has some on his AR, I'll ask him where he got them.

TA

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok, thanks. I'm just trying to see if I can find them cheaper than $12. I need to get 2.

Shipping prices really add to it, so I am trying to get as cheap as I can. If I can't find a good price - I'll wait til I hit the next gunshow. Sales tax is cheaper than the shipping.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yea, I've seen them there. $12 is the cheapest I've found. Guess I'll just have to suck it up and buy 2 for $12.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
I picked some at the show yesterday, four black ones for 20 bucks.

TA

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Texas Armadillo said:
I picked some at the show yesterday, four black ones for 20 bucks.

TA
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I KNEW if I went to a show, I could save a few dollars - of course - going to the show ONLY for that would be expensive.

With shipping, these 2 are costing me something like $27.

I don't have anything on the side rails right now, and I got a few marks on them yesterday. Luckily, they are like the eotech hood. You can rub them off and then they are gone. But, I decided just to put the covers on it for now.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts