FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this pic on another forum and I'm curious as to the make /model of the knife . . .

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice looking knife! I wish I knew, it looks good!
That's what I thought too G. It's simple, yet sleek. I'm not into knives but it may be worth getting if it's a good one and not $$$.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I think so. Gotta be a knife guy to handle these. Looks good though, especially as a prop in the picture. Lol, I just revisited the site and I was just looking at the 1st page. They have 4 pages of um . . .

Here's a youtube of one and quite a bad boy . . .

·
Registered
230 Posts
Yea that's nice but can you stick it in something without the blade falling off the track or breaking the internals? Expensive @ss knife and stabbed right through his sheath/case lmfao!

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
They do limited runs of the knives (discontinue them after the run typically). More than likely you'd be able to get your money back if you ever sold it again (that is if you don't beat the snot out of it).

I'd consider one if auto's were legal in MI.

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
My buddy has one but never carries it, It's a safe queen, Too rich for my blood. Front openers are cool but no where near as rugged as a lock or fixed blade.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm really not a knife guy but because of it's sleek, simple style, I like it. Dadgum expensive though.

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
One of the knives I carry is a $400 knife (well, that's what I paid for it anyway, haven't seen it below $450 ever since). To me, a microtech would be more of the collectable knife and not an actual 'use' knife due to the OTF opening.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I own three Microtechs now: a Scarab, Combat Troodon, and Hawk, and I have owned an sold about a half dozen others. They are designed for quick deployment and threat neutralization, not as an EDC knife. Microtechs were made right here in FL, but they moved north to PA because skilled machinists are hard to come by in the transient State of FL. Microtechs are well crafted and as dependable as an automatic knife can be. I have been carrying one since the early 1990's and they have never failed. The original springs still open with a snap, and the lock up is still rock solid. Of course, the only testing I have ever done was Lynn Thompson style hanging beef rib and brisket slabs. The Scarab and Combat Troodon penetrate thick slabs of beef ribs with ease. Buy one, you will not be dissapointed. Thay make a Navy Scarab designed to deploy underwater. It is on my list, but hard to find due to demand.
DSCN1790.jpg

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oh oh! I just spent some $$$'s on a new Sig p226 Mk25 and Hogue aluminum grips and trying not to get hopped up on these . . . oh oh.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have three Microtech Ultratech's and love them ...I carry one on duty everyday and it holds up with zero issues

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That sounds good.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Yea that's nice but can you stick it in something without the blade falling off the track or breaking the internals? Expensive @ss knife and stabbed right through his sheath/case lmfao!

LOL! Yeah, I kept waiting for him to unintentionally cut either himself or something else and he did.

·
Registered
6,620 Posts
An alternative is the Benchmade infidel. Very close in design and will stick into a half inch piece of plywood (strong lock) consequently made out of the same materials (aluminum handle and S30V Blade). Cleaned 3 deer with it before it needed sharpening. The problem with them is they don't like sand. Had to send the infidel back to bench made after getting sand in the action and it was F'D so bad they replaced it rather than fix it. The same is true with micro techs. Good for the urban environments but stay out of the dirt!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts