FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the switch to the black ringed sight - and the creation of the REM2 - who wishes that FN would just make the field of view on that stock sight just a little bit bigger?

i'd go back to my white ring with the REM2 if the damn thing had a slightly larger opening... Who else agrees?

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
The small size was every bit as much the reason I removed mine as was the inability to see the white ring all the time. It took way too long top aquire the target.

Now that I have the REM2, I plan to put the White ring sight back on and have the whole thing re-camo'd by Jims gun shop. I still won't be happy with the small size, but it will do. I think the REM2 will help me aquire a sight picture sooner than I was able to before.

I have a receiver and stock so far in building my second PS90. I plan to have a short barrel installed on it and will use an EOTech on this one. Probably all in Black.

Anyone have a moving parts kit for sale? I have a P99cAS for trade. :D

Sorry Ship... this wasn't a drift this was a hard left turn! :oops:

·
Banned
151 Posts
The size was one thing that is making think of other options. It reminds of looking thru a peep hole sight sometimes. The REM2 made the sight better and easier to see but I am not completely sold. My friend got his TR with a c-more and asked me to zero it for him. I liked the bigger sight picture but still wasnt happy with the height. I got a TROS mount and trying different options with that. I'll let you know how that goes.

·
Banned
328 Posts
The size of the sight doesn't bother me (I have the black one). I've shot varmints during day and night with it and have had no problems.

I've noticed that people who shut one eye and look through the sight like a regular scope seem to have more difficulty with it.

·
Premium Member
3,591 Posts
The size of the sight doesn't bother me since I look through it with both eyes open. I don't even notice the sight except for the reticle.
I like the size of the sight as is because it maintains the small profile of the PS90.

·
Vendor
5,591 Posts
YEP! The key to using the original sites (White or Black) is to shoot with both eyes open. I don't have a problem with the White one since I put on the REM 2. I do have a TR with the C-More also and I do like the red dot and the greater FOV. However the C-More is a litle more blurry to me but with both eyes open it works fine. :?

·
Registered
520 Posts
The size of the sight doesn't bother me since I look through it with both eyes open. I don't even notice the sight except for the reticle.
I like the size of the sight as is because it maintains the small profile of the PS90.
:?

·
Registered
569 Posts
No problems when actually sighting through the ringsight w/both eyes open (except for the noted white reticle problems) but the "sweet spot" that allows the eye to see the reticle through the ringsight is much smaller than, say, using an Eotech or Aimpoint and so it takes me longer to find/acquire/use the reticle. Plus, maybe my cheeks are too thick but I found I have to really scrunch down to get my eye low enough to use the ringsight but the TROS mount w/Aimpoint is perfect for me w/the optic just high enough to acquire w/good cheekweld (YMMV).
Tomac

Reactions: luvreno

·
Registered
520 Posts
my mileage sounds similar to yours- don't have the aimpoint/TROS set up, but the same with the cheekweld. i REALLY have to get down on it to properly sight.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts