FN Herstal Firearms banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to stock up on some 5.7x28 ammo now....

Who's got it?

I'd like a 1000 round case of SS190 (should be around $600 bucks), yes I know its restricted, I'm LEO and can get it on department letterhead drop shipped to our department.

I'd rather have SS190, but would also take a 2000 round case of 195LF for about $759 bucks...

Anybody have it in stock?

·
Premium Member
3,591 Posts
Where are you located? If you are in Indiana I know a local dealer that can get a case of SS195 for way much cheaper than that price.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
CMMG can get me the 195, but they dont have or cant get any SS190.

My LEO price on 2000 rounds of 195 is $717.45 delivered

·
Registered
15,552 Posts
To get 190 - U will probably have to get your police dept to order the rounds for U. I don't know if they will sell them to just YOU.

·
Premium Member
3,591 Posts
If you department wants ss190, your department needs to either contact FN USA or a Class III dealer. Thats your best bet for ss190.

·
Registered
152 Posts
SS190 comes in a 500rd case and ships directly to your agency or department fom a U.S. Customs-controlled bonded warehouse, and simply requires a Purchase Order and official request, not for civilian or individual officer purchase.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hahahha...

Yes, I am a dentist.... I'm also the county coroner. I have an issued Georgia State ID and Badge. I also have arrest powers, not that I go out on patrol or anything, but I uncover a suicide as actually a homocide committed/covered up by the husband, I can arrest him.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Sounds like a small town you live in. :D

TA

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The county has a population of 28,000... last year voted #10 fastest growing county in the US.

Clean air and water, mountains, shoot in the back yard, piss off of the porch.... I love living in the country.... and all the BBQ you can eat!

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Ah, Blue Ridge. Need a new neighbor? :D

TA

·
Registered
75 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong but, if a P.D. signs off for something that is LEO only isn't it only legal for the officer to use what ever it is while on duty?

The ammo is just for target shooting anyway right? I would just go with the 195 or 197.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Fick said:
Correct me if I'm wrong but, if a P.D. signs off for something that is LEO only isn't it only legal for the officer to use what ever it is while on duty?
It would probably be against policy, but not necessarily illegal. I mean it would be a big no no if tax money was paying for the item... but there might not be a law against using your dept. letterhead to buy something, with your own money, that's not illegal for you to own in the fist place.

SS190, as I understand it, is not illegal for civilians to own, use, or buy. FN simply choses to sell it exclusively to law enforcement and govn't.

the act of misrepresentation might be unethical, but I imagine legal, in many localities

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.