FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
I always order from CMMG - there may be places with the mags $1 or $2 cheaper, but their shipping cost isn't that bad compared to other places. They also ship very quick. I have placed probably a dozen orders or more from them (mags and/or 5.7 ammo).

Always get the stuff via UPS in 3-4 days. So, they must be shipping same day.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I always order from CMMG - there may be places with the mags $1 or $2 cheaper, but their shipping cost isn't that bad compared to other places. They also ship very quick. I have placed probably a dozen orders or more from them (mags and/or 5.7 ammo).

Always get the stuff via UPS in 3-4 days. So, they must be shipping same day.
I thought about CMMG but got scared off by all the bad press they have been getting over on arf.com.

Was your order recent? From what I have read cards have been getting charged and stuff not shipped, no phone contact or you get an answering service and no call back.......

I'm not sure if links are allowed to other boards, so if this is not allowed I apologize in advance.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=2&f=145&t=159937

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Strange. I have herad of bad stuff with Botach - but never CMMG. I've ordered at least 12-15 times from them. The last time was about 1 month ago. No issues.

·
Registered
46 Posts
While good deals are always to be had on line. I bought my extra magazine from my local dealer.
If you have one, I would suggest supporting your local mom and pop gun shop.
After buying stuff from my local guy, now he doesn't charge me a transfer fee when I have stuffed delivered to his FFL.

·
Registered
112 Posts
While good deals are always to be had on line. I bought my extra magazine from my local dealer.
After buying stuff from my local guy, now he doesn't charge me a transfer fee when I have stuffed delivered to his FFL.
my local gunshop wanted to charge me 30 bucks per box of 5.7 ammo. I'll pay the transfer fee instead since i saved 100bucks from buying ammo online

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I certainly believe in supporting my local shop, My FS2000, 5x7, and both PS90's came from the same shop...(Fin Feather and Fur), I could have gotten them cheaper from CDNN and others (paid $200 more on the FS2000 and probably $100 more on the PS90's by gong through my shop) but it seems they don't want to stock or order the 50 rounders due to a quirk in Ohio law regarding magazine capacities over 31 rounds. If your not familiar with the Ohio reg, 31rounds or more in a mag is considered in and of itself a machinegun or dangerous ordanance. Now you can own a mag capable of holding more than 31 rounds, but you just can't load it past 30rounds. Some dealers will not get close to higher cap mags, I know a volume seller of Armalites who will not carry or order 30 rounders for AR15's. It's just the way it is.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just ordered a couple of mags from CMMG. It took over a week before I got a shipping noticed. I was not charged until they shipped.

I have ordered many things from CMMG over the years. They have always been great. Looks like they are having growing pains. They posted on arfcom that they have hired more people to help.

Funny to think a week before they shipped seems slow. 20 years ago, you would be waiting 4-6 weeks for a package & weren't notified until the package was at your door. However, I have gotten spoiled by the many great vendors that consistantly ship within a day of my order.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I osrdered 10 mags from R&R. They shipped them to me in 3 days.

I don't have a ps-90 yet but i will be buying one in the next couple of months.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
my local gun shop sells me 50rd mags for 45 and ammo is 750 for 2000 rds

·
Registered
69 Posts
I bought three from CMMG and had great service. I'm sorry to hear that others have had problems.

If y'all haven't been to ARF.com, it's a different animal. I mainly hang out at the FAL files, and those of us who are drawn to FN designs are naturally more sophisticated and intelligent than those that prefer AR's :-D . ARF.com has a very active population of haters that seem to turn on sponsors and companies at the drop of a hat.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just ordered two 50 round P90 mags from Botach for $100.00 shipped after 10% off for father's day sale. The code I used was FATHER.

I already have a tracking number on them the day after I ordered.

Good price shipped.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Thats what i like to do as well. I got 6 mags for 20 bucks a piece brandy new in the box at the last Machine gun shoot! :cool:

·
Banned
328 Posts
I just ordered two 50 round P90 mags from Botach for $100.00 shipped after 10% off for father's day sale. The code I used was FATHER.

You got lucky. Botach sucks.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts