FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've decided my next pistol purchase is going to be the FNP-45. But I can't seem to find any for sale. :? Who's got them?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Not out yet? I thought for sure they would be out in August. I'd like to know what's happening with it. I have the gun-buying itch, but I'm dead set on an FNP-45 as my next piece.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'll be making an inquiry about one tomorrow. I'll post any new information I come across.

--
Mike

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm now anticipating getting my hands on a FNP-45 in approximately 10 days. My request is in for the Matte Black Stainless with night sights and the 14 round magazines, # 47911.

--
Mike

·
Registered
44 Posts
aye aye

--
Mike

·
Registered
87 Posts
mbott,

Can you elaborate on your post? Have you been given a date? I couldn't get a date out of the distributor a week ago or so. Any other details like accesories,etc.?

·
Banned
63 Posts
In the FNH USA Q&A section the answer they give is November 07' for the release. That could be as early as 4 weeks, or as many as 8. As long as things go as planned.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Can you elaborate on your post? Have you been given a date?
On October 3, I was told "approximately 10 days". Now, that estimate is outside the normal delivery channels ... being in law enforcement sales does have it's advantages. Only time will tell how accurate that "10 days" really is.

--
Mike

·
Registered
87 Posts
In the FNH USA Q&A section the answer they give is November 07' for the release. That could be as early as 4 weeks, or as many as 8. As long as things go as planned.
I'm beginning to wonder if it will ever come out. Come November, they will say December'07 and so on. I remember when it was Jan'07 :roll: Sounds to me like they are having trouble with it. :-?

Tried the XD45 last week, not bad. Anyone here have any long term experience with the XD?

·
Registered
15,562 Posts
This is not uncommon. I am awaiting the HK45 - long overdue too. Beretta's Storm PX4 45 is overdue, as is a few other guns.. Just life...

·
Registered
873 Posts
I actually put my hands on a Glock 21SF a week ago.

I'll give FN a bit more time, but not much more, as that 21SF really addresses the ergonomic issues I've had with the standard 21 for years. And the SF is otherwise a very proven design.

I'd love to have an FNP45 to match my FNP40, but time waits for no man, as they say...

·
Registered
44 Posts
I actually put my hands on a Glock 21SF a week ago.

I'll give FN a bit more time, but not much more, as that 21SF really addresses the ergonomic issues I've had with the standard 21 for years. And the SF is otherwise a very proven design.

I'd love to have an FNP45 to match my FNP40, but time waits for no man, as they say...
The question for me was to get either a M&P 45 or wait for the FNP-45. I chose the FNP-45 after shooting one back in late July or early August. I already have the M&P 40 that I really enjoy shooting.

Due to the ergonomics of the entire Glock line, it was never under consideration.

--
Mike

·
Registered
268 Posts
The FNP-45s need to come out, I'm itching to get one. I've needed a practical .45 for some time now, and as long as they didn't screw this one up, it should be my new carry gun for heavier clothing.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Back in August I was told October and the month is almost over! As long as the FNP-45 shoots and handles well, I'll be getting one for myself!

:--(

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hey mbott

Any update?
No, unfortunately. Fired off an e-mail Friday as I left work. Hopefully there will be a reply waiting for me on Monday.

--
Mike

1 - 20 of 34 Posts