FN Herstal Firearms banner

Whose got the best Trijicon RMR prices?

4K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  Someguy133 
#1 ·
Looking to get that RMR (RM06-C-700672) on my 509 MRD. So far Eurooptics seems to have the best price at $469.99 w/free shipping. Anyone know of a better price?

#7 ·
I would go for the SRO. I had an RMR but then upgraded to the SRO and very pleased with it. I got mine at scopelist. It was the cheapest when you count shipping and they more often than not had some in stock. They have like 670 on order from Trijicon but Trijicon literally can't make them fast enough for demand ROFLMAO!

The biggest pros are that the battery is replaceable without taking the optic off!!! And it has a much better FOV.

Dustin did a great review of it.

#8 ·
Seriously, did you just say the SRO is better than the original RMR!?! Uhh...NO! The SRO was designed for play the RMR for war! Try racking your slide with your SRO.... I'll wait!

Don't get me wrong the SRO is a quality RDS as are all Triji products.

Me, I've been in combat with handguns. Anything mounted to my handguns is combat tested and proven or it ain't mounted to my handguns.

HD/SD is a form of combat, never forget that. There are things to play with and things to go to war with. YMMV....

#9 · (Edited)
Seriously, did you just say the SRO is better than the original RMR!?! Uhh...NO! The SRO was designed for play the RMR for war! Try racking your slide with your SRO.... I'll wait!

Don't get me wrong the SRO is a quality RDS as are all Triji products.

Me, I've been in combat with handguns. Anything mounted to my handguns is combat tested and proven or it ain't mounted to my handguns.

HD/SD is a form of combat, never forget that. There are things to play with and things to go to war with. YMMV....
do you mind elaborating because I own the RMR and SRO and I don't see any quality difference in durability so if you actually have facts to support your rant I am willing to hear?

I have racked my slide with the SRO probably 100s of times and I don't see an issue....

I also did my own ~4.5 years in the USMC and I am retired with a fancy blue ID going on about 10 years of retirement and I don't see how any of that applies to a Red dot....so....yea...

#10 ·
Challenge accepted. Read, the manuals and marketing for both. The SRO was designed for competition and target shooting. This why it sports a larger more rounded window than the RMR. The RMR is an approved RDS by SOCOM an entity that employed me for 6 years. The SRO is not approved by SOCOM and AFAIK does not have an NSN nor was it submitted by Trijicon to NSW Crane for approval.

According to Trijicon the SRO is not a replacement for or an improvement on the RMR. Rather is was made and offered in response to repeated requests by those partial to "racing" guns and target shooters.

Rack on Marine, although Trijicon does not recommend it nor will they warranty damage occurring by abuse or neglect. In contrast the RMR was made in response to a request by SOCOM. Was beaten to destruction by NSW Crane, has earned it's stripes in combat and will be covered under warranty when treated as it was designed. Even the new RMRcc is designed for the same abuse aka combat the RMR was.

Do your research, and again not knocking any product from Trijicon, I've been successfully and happily purchasing and using their products since they came to be.

Yea....there's a reason this Old Ranger doesn't care for most Marines. Pretty dress blue uniforms but good grief that holier than thou attitude. No offense to any other Marine members, it's a well known and long standing axe grinding between the 75th and Force Recon. We have to train them, they have to earn our Tab, yet their superiority complex can be a bit much at times. In fairness the Jarheads do have a pretty respectable Ranger School success rate as opposed to other services both domestic and foreign.

How'zat for a rant Mr. 4.5yrs in the USMC!?!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.