FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
At about the 2:10 mark she says. it is legal to serve alcohol in Virginia to persons carrying a firearm. This may be true, but it is ILLEGAL to consume alcohol in a establishment if you are carrying a firearm.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
At about the 2:10 mark she says. it is legal to serve alcohol in Virginia to persons carrying a firearm. This may be true, but it is ILLEGAL to consume alcohol in a establishment if you are carrying a firearm.
she is technically incorrect. You can imbibe in alcohol while armed, you just cannot carry concealed.

I didnt watch the video but is that Big dog outfitters?

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
You can imbibe in alcohol while armed, you just cannot carry.
HUh? I'm sorry, maybe I'm slow, but I don't think I understand what you're saying.

I was just saying there may not be a law against a server serving you (I don't know) , but if your carrying you CANNOT drink it legally.

No person who carries a concealed handgun onto the premises of any restaurant or club as defined in Section 4.1-100 for which a license to sell and serve alcoholic beverages for on-premises consumption has been granted by the Virginia Alcoholic Beverage Control Board under Title 4.1 of the Code of Virginia; may consume an alcoholic beverage while on the premises. A person who carries a concealed handgun onto the premises of such a restaurant or club and consumes alcoholic beverages is guilty of a Class 2 misdemeanor. However, nothing in this subsection shall apply to a federal, state, or local law-enforcement officer.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
HUh? I'm sorry, maybe I'm slow, but I don't think I understand what you're saying.

I was just saying there may not be a law against a server serving you (I don't know) , but if your carrying you CANNOT drink it legally.

No person who carries a concealed handgun onto the premises of any restaurant or club as defined in Section 4.1-100 for which a license to sell and serve alcoholic beverages for on-premises consumption has been granted by the Virginia Alcoholic Beverage Control Board under Title 4.1 of the Code of Virginia; may consume an alcoholic beverage while on the premises. A person who carries a concealed handgun onto the premises of such a restaurant or club and consumes alcoholic beverages is guilty of a Class 2 misdemeanor. However, nothing in this subsection shall apply to a federal, state, or local law-enforcement officer.
sorry i left off "concealed" at the end of my sentence by mistake

In VA you are permitted to imbibe during open carry just not concealed carry.

Reactions: Donnie

·
Registered
454 Posts
1:08 look at them gorgeous M14s!

I'd like to show this reporter my gun collection...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts