FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,629 Posts
The top pic shows a Belgian made SCAR. They were imported with a pin blocking the mag well. Once in the US, the pin was ground out. This was done to satisfy import requirements. Your SCAR is a US made SCAR so the rather silly process was not necessary.

Congrats on the 17, by the way.

·
Premium Member
7,565 Posts
Shorting you a single pin really doesn't count as a ripoff. Besides that missing pin was only there to satisfy an asinine law, it served no other purpose. Enjoy your 17s and welcome to the Brotherhood of the SCAR.

·
Registered
3,941 Posts
Only rip-off i see is a unfinished sh!tty looking Viper camouflage pattern lmao! They should have did the whole thing!
But!!! I wouldn’t mind buying a pair of Vans casual shoes in that pattern lol!
Welcome to our lovely Forum and Congrats on your new SCAR 17
the digicam nra bag ad in this thread would have been a better pattern. If I was a rapper I would totally go for a venom pattern lol

·
Premium Member
9,629 Posts
My US made 17 has both pins. I'm assuming this is due to it being an early US production unit that was using a mix of parts, maybe?
Yeah, that very well may be so. I went back and looked at some photos and saw a few US made ones with the pin. But all of the ones that did not have the pin were US made.

I would imagine the camo ones are of the most recent manufacture. I tracked down a few for sale ads on the US 16S, and they all looked to be pin-less. I'm curious if the lowers available at Midwest Gun Works have the pin or not.

What ever the case, I've learned yet another lesson about over generalizing.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Only rip-off i see is a unfinished sh!tty looking Viper camouflage pattern lmao! They should have did the whole thing!
But!!! I wouldn’t mind buying a pair of Vans casual shoes in that pattern lol!
Welcome to our lovely Forum and Congrats on your new SCAR 17

Man I need some vans, lol

·
Registered
23 Posts
My Scar 17s FDE US Made model also has the (2) pins, but I'm pretty sure I got one of the first US models as well. I think I'd rather have the one like yours tbh, but it doesn't change the awesomeness of the Scar any less... 😁

1 - 20 of 33 Posts