FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I watched a video where people were exiting Mexico and entering the US. They pull up to the US Border Patrol check points and they give nothing but resistance to the Agents trying to do their job securing our borders and checking everyone who enters. What pissed me off the most is that the Agents allowed the people to continue after a brief arguement over rights/warrantless stop. So this tells me that if a cartel member or a drug/human trafficker puts up a verbal resistance, they will let him go? Come on people!

You would think we, US citizens, would appreciate the job that the US Border Patrol Agents are doing in maintaining the security of our great nation. This pisses me off as much as the idiots who open carry and purposely cause a confrontation with police so they can puff their "Civil Rights" chests. What they don't realize is that this damages public perception for the Pro-gun/2nd Amendment supporters and it helps the antigunners. Example, the 2 armed morons posing at Chipolte, thanks alot schmucks.

See, what is great in the State of Indiana is that to carry a firearm on your person (whether it be open or concealed) we have to have a permit to carry. If you carry (more or less when it is open carry), the police have a right to confirm your identity and that you have a valid carry permit. I made it a point to know the firearm carry law if it happens that I receive a call of a man with a gun.

Sorry for the rant, but this crap really irritates me. (yes, it would even if I wasn't a police officer)

·
Registered
641 Posts
That's easy enough for you to say that in Indiana. But Border Patrol check points are a hell of a pain in the azz here in El Paso, TX.

I wouldn't mind them so much if they actually did anything about illegals, but they are more concerned with being the Southern branch of the DEA more than anything else...

·
Registered
431 Posts
should people that open carry just be thrown to the ground and disarmed instead? typical...an officer agitated about some one pushing their civil rights.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
should people that open carry just be thrown to the ground and disarmed instead? typical...an officer agitated about some one pushing their civil rights.
I did not say or indicate that. I may be a police officer but first and foremost I am a 100% supporter of our Constitution and our rights.
I would push my rights if I was in a position just like most of us would, but the idiots that go looking for it need to be punched.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I would push my rights if I was in a position just like most of us would, but the idiots that go looking for it need to be punched.
this is something that really irritates me. I want no ties/affiliation with the tools that run around with their GoPro cameras doing this ****. I love when the cops have a positive reaction to this, but how can anybody not expect them to have a bad attitude when someone with an ulterior motive puts a camera in your face?

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Are you sure they were exiting Mexico or was it at a checkpoint along a US highway in a "contitution free zone"?
Also, what's so great about having to have a permit to exercise your contitutional right? That's like saying "we have the right to free speech here in Indiana if you have your free speech permit".
[email protected]&$ that!

Reactions: Jhvygr2

·
Registered
703 Posts
Are you sure they were exiting Mexico or was it at a checkpoint along a US highway in a "contitution free zone"?
Also, what's so great about having to have a permit to exercise your contitutional right? That's like saying "we have the right to free speech here in Indiana if you have your free speech permit".
[email protected]&$ that!
Don't like the laws??

Vote & change them. Start a petition & get the ball rolling.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Don't like the laws??

Vote & change them. Start a petition & get the ball rolling.
No. Not me. I love all the laws. I wish we had more laws. I can't hardly get enough of laws. My favorite is when you challenge a law that is unconstitutional and the Supreme Court upholds it anyway because "it's for the greater good". That's my favorite. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Reactions: S*****4

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
You know, I would agree if all cops knew the law and individuals rights, treated civilians with respect, never overstep the boundaries or abuse their authority and just generally act like the public servants they are supposed to be instead of our masters. The reality is those "idiots" exist because cops are very much the opposite of what I described above (if anything the situation is getting worse). If you want to complain about the flies, clean the trash out of your house first.

Reactions: Reathe and S*****4

·
Registered
703 Posts
No. Not me. I love all the laws. I wish we had more laws. I can't hardly get enough of laws. My favorite is when you challenge a law that is unconstitutional and the Supreme Court upholds it anyway because "it's for the greater good". That's my favorite. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

I agree. I'm saying that the laws need to be challenged that shouldn't exist.

·
Registered
703 Posts
You know, I would agree if all cops knew the law and individuals rights, treated civilians with respect, never overstep the boundaries or abuse their authority and just generally act like the public servants they are supposed to be instead of our masters. The reality is those "idiots" exist because cops are very much the opposite of what I described above (if anything the situation is getting worse). If you want to complain about the flies, clean the trash out of your house first.

This is very true.

·
Registered
112 Posts
For the most part, Border Patrol Check point guards are Azzholes, depending on US citizen or Visa carrying tourists/residents. I can understand doing this day in day out and asking the same questions, BUT, a little understanding that most people may be having their first experience and don't fully understand the procedures. I don't take crap from them and will fire right back when they give me attitude. I'll call in their supervisor if I need to. My wife has a LPN card and tells me all the crap they give her, and she has to take it. She is in fear of losing her LPN status, which if the CBP agent has a wild hair across their butt that day, can take it. I see a different attitude when she is in the vehicle with me. Many of these guys are on a power trip as the majority people are Visa holders who fear losing it. Getting a Visa is a PITA, and time-consuming bureaucratic process, and they may lose the ability to re-file. Therefore, they take the crap and it becomes a norm for the CBP.

Sitting in the line for 1-3 hours doesn't help tempers either. Why don't you come down from your state and experience this.

What you are referring to is the 50 mile checkpoint where the CBP is limited to what they can ask, US Citizen or not, unlike the federal border.

·
Registered
152 Posts
You know what...pull all border patrol off the line...leave it wide open for a month or so...then let see how all you haters feel....Wouldn't be a hoot IF all US and Mexican citizens followed the laws and cops and border agents weren't needed....you know in a perfect world......thought so

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
You know what...pull all border patrol off the line...leave it wide open for a month or so...then let see how all you haters feel....Wouldn't be a hoot IF all US and Mexican citizens followed the laws and cops and border agents weren't needed....you know in a perfect world......thought so
Pulling them off the line is not the issue. Keeping them AT the line, is. Let's stop the problem at the source. Not 50 miles north of the border assuming that EVERY person is a drug smuggling illegal that drives on I-10 or I-8.

Sure those laws may not seem like a big deal to you in Jersey. Just like bullet buttons and magazine capacity laws don't effect me here in Arizona. They piss me off though. Even if they are meant for your "protection and safety".

·
Registered
641 Posts
Spilz knows what I'm talking about.

I once had a buddy of mine get pulled over for speeding by a border patrol SUV. He still fumes over that. Those guys need to get their asses on the border and out of normal LE's lane.

But if I were pretty much playing catch and release with illegals I might be looking for other things to do too, haha.

Reactions: Spilz

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
In other words, you'd trade all of our constitutional rights for a sense of security. That sounds awfully familiar...

·
Registered
152 Posts
Pulling them off the line is not the issue. Keeping them AT the line, is. Let's stop the problem at the source. Not 50 miles north of the border assuming that EVERY person is a drug smuggling illegal that drives on I-10 or I-8.

Sure those laws may not seem like a big deal to you in Jersey. Just like bullet buttons and magazine capacity laws don't effect me here in Arizona. They piss me off though. Even if they are meant for your "protection and safety".
What laws are you referring to that dont mean "much in NJ"...come to a local range here..youll find PLENTY of AR's..SCARS and the like...do we have some idiotic laws on the books?...sure...and we continue to fight them every day..doesnt mean we dont value our rights...
As for the CBP doing speed enforcement away from the border...that goes both ways...its another way of stopping vehicles on known smuggling routes...do they have to be asshats to people..absolutely not..

·
Registered
152 Posts
In other words, you'd trade all of our constitutional rights for a sense of security. That sounds awfully familiar...
What part of my post speaks to giving up my rights?..I merely stated that people on the border are necessary to the survival of this country...should they maintain a level of decorum and respect when conducting enforcement...of course and those that dont should be addressed...if the world was perfect such enforcement wouldnt be necessary..but its not...as it is the flood of drugs and illegals have set this nation on a course of defeat..

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
What part of my post speaks to giving up my rights?..I merely stated that people on the border are necessary to the survival of this country...should they maintain a level of decorum and respect when conducting enforcement...of course and those that dont should be addressed...if the world was perfect such enforcement wouldnt be necessary..but its not...as it is the flood of drugs and illegals have set this nation on a course of defeat..
Likewise, what part of anyone's post speaks of "pull all border patrol off the line" or "leaving the border wide open for a month or so"?

Reactions: Spilz

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
What laws are you referring to that dont mean "much in NJ"...come to a local range here..youll find PLENTY of AR's..SCARS and the like...do we have some idiotic laws on the books?...sure...and we continue to fight them every day..doesnt mean we dont value our rights...
I'm referring to laws that allow BP to treat every US citizen as a suspected illegal and drug runner, just for driving on a certain stretch of road in certain parts of this country.

Keep up the good fight:?

Reactions: CPTdaz
1 - 20 of 24 Posts