FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Same question for the other firearms "Issues" sections that are now G-O-N-E along with it?

Am I missing something???

They were there a day or so ago. What gives???

Too much heat from corporate about the word spreading on the major issues with the FNP series guns failing to operate?

Smells fishy ...

Why would such an infomative topic section be removed from this website???

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Re: WHY HAS THE FNP "ISSUES" SECTION BEEN DELETED?

ironman0311 said:
Too much heat from corporate about the word spreading on the major issues with the FNP series guns failing to operate?

Smells fishy ...
Despite every post you make lately is one long complaint about the FNP... There is no conspiracy.

If you read all the new posts you would know what happened.... Important info gets posted in the Site Announcements sometimes... That's what that area is for....

Go here:

http://fnforum.net/viewtopic.php?t=4895

No posts were deleted at all. They have been moved as per the above link. Things were done to simplify things, cut down on all the tons of subforums we have, and because the "Issues" forums for each and every gun type were not getting much traffic. This was done for ALL the FN guns that had an "Issue's" section. It's not an FNP thing.

I asked for some opinions, and went with the majority that answered w/i a day or so...

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If that truly is the case, I stand corrected.

I think you made a bad choice in removing that section.

It made garnering information about the weakness in the product line much harder It's your site and you can do as you wish, but I think it was a mistake and makes it harder for the general public to do they're troubleshooting. But, it's your site and you may do as you wish and we must abide.

As for my criticisms of the FNP ... they will continue until we get some STRAIGHT answers from FNH as to why these NEW GUNS are breaking, have "weak" Mag springs from the factory, and trigger groups and frames that are cracking in under 200 rounds in an alarming number of cases? And, if any particular serial number range are the ones so afflicted we need to know what they are so we do not go out and buy one from that batch.

These are questions that they need to answer.

They are ducking them .. you know it ... and we know it.

Hence, my being very circumspect at removing the ability to discuss these known and reported issues in a one stop forum from this site.

But like I said ,your are the boss so we'll have to abide by your decisions, however you arrive at them.

I had high praise and hopes for the FNP but my hopes have been dashed by the reports of the guns cracking,etc. and MOREOVER the way FNH refuses to address the issues in a straightforward manner.

I am sure that FNH personal read this website and are aware of our questions and concerns. Yet, they remain mum...why?

If I was a betting man, I'd bet they have "lawyered up" and have been advised not to make any public comments.

Good for the company.

BAD for we shooters and potential customers.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
ALL of the "issues" forums did not see much traffic over the past several months that they have been there (some, like the PS90 Issues section rarely saw a post in a while). Everyone tends to just go to the General areas for each weapon, as was pointed out by another person on that thread I mentioned above.

Granted - I didn't leave that thread going for weeks before I decided. But, it's been something I have thought about for a while now. And, as many people don't respond to threads in the Site Announcement section - the responses I got were from site regulars, and were a significant enough response for me to go ahead with my decision.

Most other specific brand related discussion forums generally have a "general" section anyway.

All the messages were moved to their respective "General" areas. They are all still there. No messages were lost.

I'm trying to find ways to cut down on all the tons of forums we have here. In months past, other forums have been moved, renamed, combined, or deleted.

There is only 5 pages of FNP posts - it's still easy to find past topics.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I don't think the issue is as large of a scale as you think. I have only seen a limited number of cases on it, and it has been said the Bob an FN has also mentioned that out of 40 some thousand FNP's sold, only a handful have had this problem reported.

I don't think the few bad guns are enough to consider something to be a design flaw, it could be a bad batch, or a circumstantial problem (lots of dry firing, etc etc) or something.

Have you tried calling or contacting FN about the problem to get any info on it that you can? Or in particular, Bob at FN?

I'm sure they could tell you the deal. I seriously doubt the number of problems have warranted any "no response" recommendations from Lawyers to FN, it's not like it is happening to a large percentage of guns out there or anything!

·
Registered
53 Posts
I for one am glad it got moved. While I understand you are concerned with the design, safety, and support of the FNP line, many of us who have no - as in zero - problems with ours can now avoid having to see the complaint threads mixed in with the other informative and interesting threads related to our guns.

You are not satisfied; we get it. Don't buy an FN handgun.

I am satisfied.

If I were not satisfied, I would take it directly to FN, and have my questions and problems resloved through those channels, rather than try to force an issue on a public forum. But I guess you can only go that route if you have purchased an FN product....

I don't post much but I carry my FNP-9 daily, shoot it weekly, and enjoy the security of knowing that when I pull the trigger it will fire. And I thank Ship for hosting this forum....

My two cents only, Flame suit on....

Shootemup

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
It’s early and I haven’t had my coffee yet, but here goes…

Ironman, if you want to make a positive contribution to the forum on these concerns you have, may I please make a suggestion?

Instead of waiting for others to do your work for you, why don't you start a thread and post your particular problem with your FNP along with the partial serial number, and what you did to resolve the issue? Then contact all the people you have seen post a problem here and ask them about their problems and their partial serial number and their resolution.

That way we could see how many guns we are talking about, what problems they are having, service issues with FN, and see if there is a discernable trend. If you are pissed because you think FN is somehow hiding major problems with the FNP platform then it is up to you to prove it, not them to defend themselves against your accusations.

If you think Ship made a bad call on the “issues” section then prove it by showing that there was a real need for it. I was one of those who agreed to combine the topics.

Do something like this maybe...

Ironman, FNP9 bought in 2006, cracked frame at xxx rounds, serial number xxx, minimal dry firing, contacted FNH-gun replaced.

Then do the same for others you contact, or maybe they would just post their own info.

The difference between positive and negative posts is wide.

Some folks post just to complain that other people are not acting the way they want them too. Whether it is about a gun they may not even own, or the way a forum they don't have any say in, is ran.

Other folks take the opportunity of having a place like this to share facts and knowledge with people who have similar interests. They do some homework and provide others with the results of their efforts. This is the way we learn from each other. Those people are looked up to on forums because they take their own time and energy to provide others with valuable info at no charge.

You seem to have a very strong opinion of the quality of the FNP line and FN's failure to respond in a way satisfactory to you about what you believe is a major issue. This is your chance. Convince us with facts that you are right. Not “general public… alarming rates” comments.

All I ask is that you back up your opinions with data we can all examine with you. There are a couple of folks here who have posted a problem, start with them. I think I have read of two cracked sears (or other internal part) and one cracked frame. I thank them for posting those problems and also their experience in getting the problem resolved.

I have not had any issues and many others here have also had no problems. But I would still like to see an organized list if you can get one together in a thread for us. It would help me know what to look for when cleaning my gun.

You mention in your post you have gathered information from the issues section, what have you gathered? You mention changing the layout of the forum makes it harder for the general public to troubleshoot, so far you are the only general public with an issue about it. I did see one other person post they would rather it stayed the way it was, but they weren’t upset. If you are correct in your statement “trigger groups and frames that are cracking in under (fewer than) 200 rounds in an alarming number of cases” then the issues section would have been hopping with traffic, it wasn’t. How many is ‘alarming’ anyway?

You said about FN and the issues, “They are ducking them… you know it ... and we know it.” I don’t know it. Post some real numbers to back up your criticism of the gun and the people making and servicing them. That is all I ask. I’m not trying to start a fight, I just want you to show us you are right with facts we can believe.

Thank you.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I'm the guy that originally reported and investigated the sear tilt problem...And even I don't care that Ship changed the Forums around.

The amusing thing about this. Is that I posted the original Houston We Have a Problem thread, just before the issues forum was opened and it was moved there. Now, About the time the Browning Service Center guys finally pull their thumbs out and and get it repaired. the issues forum has outlived it's usefulness.

For those of us who've been here a while it sort of gives you a time frame as to how fast Browning Customer Service operates.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts