FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the range today - several good targets. But, I was really impressed with this one. After I did that with 3, I wanted to save it before I inevitably screwed it up (7 yards, free hand)

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, never got into any competition. Just been plinking away all these years.

I dislocated my left elbow as a 8 year old (long time ago), and had surgery shortly thereafter. I had some nerve damage, and in the past 5 years, I've noticed that I occasionally get some minor tremors in that left hand (I am right handed).

Because of that, I can never shoot as well as I wish I could. And, I get irritated when I see how well some of you other guys do. But all things considering - I don't do too bad.

The P99 A/S is the only gun that I can shoot to this level, though. It does recoil more than some of my other 9mms - but there is just something about it.

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
I had 3 shot groups like that with my FNP-9, but they weren't dead center :-? . Probably because I'm a newb pistol shooter and still working on grip etc.

No, I didn't take any pics, and yes, I riddled the target and messed them all up at some point. On one, I have a nice blown out section about an inch and a half left and slightly up of center that was about an inch in diameter. I somehow managed to put about 13 rounds there (on my second outing non-theless).

Still, impressive Ship. I hope I can put 3 shots on center like that someday soon.

·
Registered
19 Posts
How do you like the trigger pull on the p99? I've been thinking about getting one but I don't know if I should get the QA or the one you have.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
25birdman said:
How do you like the trigger pull on the p99? I've been thinking about getting one but I don't know if I should get the QA or the one you have.
A/S trigger is awesome. It smooths out after a couple hundred rounds. It's part of the reason I shoot so well with it. Th ebreaking point in SA mode is so clean.

I do not care for the QA version - as the trigger pull is a little heavier than the SA pull of the A/S model.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thats good to know. Thanks!! I think I'll have to grap the AS version.

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
Now, does the P99 go to the AS after every shot, or does it go to the SA? I never quite understood how those work. I know you can pull the trigger on AS and set it to SA, but I never knew what the follow up shot would be in.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Nice shooting there Ship...
Hows this with my HK 45c @ 25yrds :twisted:

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
But i'm still wet behind the ears though... :oops:
On November 5, 2008, I know I will awake to a nightmare. - that is the truth ship!!! :cry:

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Maybe not that tight of a group but at my range i dont have the ability to try :cry:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts