FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was a nice day today and I put 600 rounds through my SCAR, not one jam or malfunction using Fedral 5.56 cheap bulk ammo.

Check out the video! I got four rounds out before the first casing hit the ground!

I LOVE THIS GUN! :)

·
Premium Member
8,132 Posts
You need to turn the speed up a bit, that SCAR was shootin' awful slow. I keep mine set a "11" which is ludicrous speed..... :th_laughing:

·
Registered
428 Posts
Damn. I held a SCAR 16 in my arms today. It felt really good. Now, if I can find a way to choke up $2700

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Check out Gunbroker man, got mine for waaaay less than $2,700 new in box. What an awesome rifle!

Reactions: LeAnn

·
Registered
393 Posts
Damn. I held a SCAR 16 in my arms today. It felt really good. Now, if I can find a way to choke up $2700
My sentiments EXACTLY!!!

·
Registered
428 Posts
Check out Gunbroker man, got mine for waaaay less than $2,700 new in box. What an awesome rifle!
I'll do that. Thanks. But, I'm also lusting after an IWI Tavor SAR in FDE. My gun shop has one and that is one sweet gun.

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
I'll do that. Thanks. But, I'm also lusting after an IWI Tavor SAR in FDE. My gun shop has one and that is one sweet gun.
I thought I wanted one until I shot one. I did not care for the trigger. I sold my Steyr AUG and bought a SCAR16 instead of the Tavor. I am very happy with my decision.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I thought I wanted one until I shot one. I did not care for the trigger. I sold my Steyr AUG and bought a SCAR16 instead of the Tavor. I am very happy with my decision.
Put in a Geissele Super SCAR trigger and you'll be even happier. I couldn't believe what a difference it mad in my 16S and 17S.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It was an iPhone slow mo video. I think he was joking

ill admit the stock trigger in the scar isn't the best, not terrible but I put a Timney trigger in my gun which was fairly easy. The difference is night and day.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ended up a Tavor SAR last year when my LGS was out of FDE 16Ses. It was a mistake. Haven't taken the Tavor out since I picked up my 16S months back. Night and day difference. Geissele trigger does drastically improve the both of them.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Ended up a Tavor SAR last year when my LGS was out of FDE 16Ses. It was a mistake. Haven't taken the Tavor out since I picked up my 16S months back. Night and day difference. Geissele trigger does drastically improve the both of them.
+1 on the Geissele for the SCAR 17. It was the best mod I've done on mine and well worth the money.

·
Registered
848 Posts
lol, I know how your feeling. I like my Tavor too... or as I call her, Bathsheba.

I have to say that the SCAR will weigh less than the Tavor, If thats of any concern. I got one because the hype I liked the looks and the niche role and also I bought back into IWI based on the Jericho...or as I call her, Joshua. Again I've held the 17 and own a Tav, and I'd say that the SCAR wins in the weight dept. The tavor is a nice rifle but it is not a SCAR.

I don't have buyers remorse with it, it's a niche rifle and that's about it. Either way both are good rifles.

Reactions: LeAnn and SAVAGEJIM

·
Registered
14 Posts
+1 on the Geissele for the SCAR 17. It was the best mod I've done on mine and well worth the money.
For sure. It turned a gun that felt good to shoot into something great to shoot. I think the 3 big upgrades necessary on any scar are trigger, grip, and charging handle. The PMM BCD is also pretty solid depending on how you use your gun. Need to start messing around with rails and extended mag releases to see if any are a huge improvement

1 - 17 of 17 Posts