FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

About 300 rounds through it so far. I just put the EOtech magnifier on it, behind the 511, and would recommend this combo. It's at the right height, and looks and works awesome.

I do experience something I'd like to ask about. About once in every 60 rounds, it seems to throw one WAY over to the right. I mean, like nearly a foot. It's not me, I was shooting from the bench when it happened.

When I look down the bore at the inside of the F/H, there is a silver colored area on the right side. The rest of it is carbonized black, except for this semicircular spot.

What do you guys think is going on? I really don't see copper there, but it's ...... "unusual"

--Fargo007

·
Registered
302 Posts
What kind of ammo are you useing?

Mines got it as well on my AR pistols the most and some of the AK's. I think its from Wolf ammo or just from the blast removeing the finish.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What kind of ammo are you useing?

Mines got it as well on my AR pistols the most and some of the AK's. I think its from Wolf ammo or just from the blast removeing the finish.
Hmm.... I guess that's a possibility, but I wonder why one shot in 60 or so goes WAY haywire. I'll shoot a 2 Inch group of four, and the fifth one is a foot to the right. It's just bizarre.

Th discoloration occurs with handloads consisting of LC and Federal brass, WW primer, and either 55gr Hornady BT FMJ bullets, or WW 64gr Powerpoint, as well as suplus XM193. If there were copper in there, I'd know it was shaving, but there's none I can find.

I may lay an unfired 5.56 bullet to rest into the muzzle and see if it 'leans' one way or the other.....

--Fargo007

1 - 3 of 3 Posts