FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to find advice for my wife. She wants to get her ccw, her father and I were excited seeing as we'd all be taking the class together. I live in Illinois so it's a 16 hr class and I only have to take 8 (veterans get a break). My issue is now my wife is telling me the only reason she wants to take the class is to feel more comfortable with guns around in public places that she can't see. I believe this is the wrong reason to take the ccw class, any help is appreciated. Thank you all in advance.

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
She's good shot already. Just her reasoning I believe is wrong. To feel more comfy with others carrying firearms, it actually bugged her when in another state (prior to Illinois getting CCW) and I pointed out several people who were printing slightly that I'm sure we're legally carrying (in a gun store purchasing gun related items). I don't feel that spending $175 on a CCW Class is going to help that.

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you. I've taught her a lot of gun safety and handling (I spent 4 yrs in the USMC), the way she said it prompted me to tell her to take the nra basic pistol course, I believe she'd get more out of it than listening to the legalese of where you can and can't carry in illinois. More can't than can, but that's a different subject.

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Djv38; I can't get a definite reason from her, I told her we need to go to the range more often where she can see good law abiding people practicing their skills safely and to take an NRA pistol class as well. One of our local ranges have a women's shooting league that I am encouraging her to check out as well.

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sorry for the lack of updates, not only did she take the class she knew more about weapons and safe handling of weapon than most of the people in our class. Her uncle was so impressed he told her to pick out any gun she wanted and he'd buy it. She picked the SIG p938 over the fns9c. He bought the gun and delivered it with a pink bow. She also out shot almost everyone in the class as well. I'm a damn proud husband.

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
First Sergeant; she's been taking it everywhere she can in our car, it's next to our bed and while our dog was barking I went to the back door with the dog and my wife went to the front door with her gun, she had my back.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.