FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been searching for a FNX-45(Black or FDE didn't matter to me) Tactical locally and online for quite a while. I finally found one one of the big online gun sites. It is priced well above the normal asking price, I guess due to the current situation with anti-gun legislation proposals and threats being thrown out left and right etc..I called the seller and we agreed on the terms. I told my wife and she acted ho-hum, not the usual "Great, glad you found it," etc..When she finally told me that she had found one and that she was going to pick it up that very day.. She had found it at the local dealer we shop at after putting up ads on different sites. The dealer replied to her Wanted to Buy ad with in just an hour telling her they had it in stock. I called they verified it was there and put the hold under my name..My wife rocks..She never fails to support and lookout for me. You are the best, love you...Picked it up Saturday as soon as they opened up for business. First of all, my wife is the best. Second, this pistol is incredible. High capacity, fits my hand, night-sights, threaded barrel for suppressor, ambi-controls..everything..Love it. Just wanted to share because I was so surprised that I found it locally, GREAT price, and because I am super cheesy excited about it. Have not taken it out for a run yet, but I will ASAP. Have a good one!

Reactions: Scar17FAN

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Congrats!

Post a cool pic or it didn't happen (I see your avitar is a camera)!

BTW, what is up with that gap on all our FNX 45 tacs?

Attachments

·
Registered
192 Posts
congrats, I just got mine a week ago.

I have the same GAP on mine as well

184 (800x600).jpg

·
Registered
819 Posts
Too cool. I gotta get into the 21st Century . I'm hoping to get one soon. Excess envy going on here.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Pictures of mt new FNX-45 Tactical

Heres the pic, let me know if yall want more..I also saw the gap, from what I have read, F̶N̶ ̶h̶a̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶l̶d̶ ̶c̶u̶s̶t̶o̶m̶e̶r̶s̶ ̶w̶h̶o̶ ̶i̶n̶q̶u̶i̶r̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶i̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶d̶e̶s̶i̶g̶n̶ ̶f̶e̶a̶t̶u̶r̶e̶,̶ ̶n̶o̶r̶m̶a̶l̶,̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶d̶o̶e̶s̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶a̶f̶f̶e̶c̶t̶ ̶f̶u̶n̶c̶t̶i̶o̶n̶* See correction below*.
I will find the link to where I read that and post it. I have seen from pictures that some have larger gaps and some have almost nothing visible. Mine measures about 1/32nd". I love the case, very well made, large and can be arranged how ever you want. All the interior case components use velcro for positioning. Going to start on getting a suppressor! Picture taken with iPhone, so if you all want HQ pictures let me know.

PS: Link to discussion about the frame/slide gap aka..Fishmouthing..? Weird http://fnforum.net/forums/fn-fnp/19903-fnp-45-tac-fde-fishmouthing.html

Correction: I wrote that I read FN had told customers that the gap was normal. I remembered what I read wrong. It was a forum member who talked to S&W NOT FN about S&W M&P's, not any FN products when he replied to the"Fishmouthing" post.
Link- http://fnforum.net/forums/fn-fnp/19903-fnp-45-tac-fde-fishmouthing.html#post198118
Sorry for the error!

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Powers, hows the recoil on your 45 Tac, I was looking at this gun, but wanted to get some feedback on the recoil.

Thanks,
FNH fan

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
... but wanted to get some feedback on the recoil.

Thanks,
FNH fan
The FNX 45 tac slide is very heavy just like the SCAR bolt carrier.
The weight may manage recoil.
I'd say yes.

The .40S&W is an angry little snappy round.
The .45ACP out of the FNX 45 Tac honestly makes a nice soft rolling recoil.
Enjoy some Youtube vids on the firing.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Powers, hows the recoil on your 45 Tac, I was looking at this gun, but wanted to get some feedback on the recoil.

Thanks,
FNH fan
fnhfan, I haven't taken it out yet. I will post how it goes at the property when I come back from that shooting session.

·
Registered
494 Posts

Thanks,
FNH fan

I'm not Powers. But, I've put nearly a couple thousand rounds through my FNP-45T. Recoil is SWEET. It's a beast of a gun, and it does a nice job of absorbing recoil. My Glock 23 (.40-cal) has a sharper recoil than the FNP-45T. I could shoot the FNP all day.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Congrats on a great find!!!I also have the same gap in front, took her to the range yesterday for the first time and she was flawless, no FTL FTE. Here is a video of putting 2 full mags through it as a test run.However, i just put a streamlight TRL2 on it and it seems that due to the drop in the nose i wont be able to adjust the laser high enough to zero..... anyone else have that problem??

++CORRECTION: THE TRL2 DID IN FACT ZERO++
The laser in the housing must have been binding while i was trying to adjust it at home. I took the FDE to the range again with the TRL2 installed, i guess firing the gun knocked the laser loose inside the housing, so when I got home i looked at it again and it zeroed in. Sorry about that.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Congrats on a great find!!!
I also have the same gap in front, took her to the range yesterday for the first time and she was flawless, no FTL FTE. Here is a video of putting 2 full mags through it as a test run.
However, i just put a streamlight TRL2 on it and it seems that due to the drop in the nose i wont be able to adjust the laser high enough to zero..... anyone else have that problem??
gm535, I havent shot it yet, but I have a Viridian Light/Laser and it does seem like it's pointing down because of the angle of the rail due to the bowing or bend. As soon as I give it a try, I will post results.

Reactions: gm535

·
Registered
79 Posts
Thanks man, look forward to it. I'm sure if that is the case there will be an easy fix to zero it in.
The Mrs loved the TRL2!!

Congrats on a great find!!!
I also have the same gap in front, took her to the range yesterday for the first time and she was flawless, no FTL FTE. Here is a video of putting 2 full mags through it as a test run.
However, i just put a streamlight TRL2 on it and it seems that due to the drop in the nose i wont be able to adjust the laser high enough to zero..... anyone else have that problem??QUOTE]

gm535, I havent shot it yet, but I have a Viridian Light/Laser and it does seem as it is pointing down because of the angle of the rail at the end due to the bowing or bend. As soon as I give it a try, I will post results.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Congrats!

BTW, what is up with that gap on all our FNX 45 tacs?
That's the FIRST thing I noticed with mine when I received it day before yesterday, its bugging the hell out of me. The odd thing is, I compared it to my g/fs fnp-9m and my fnp-9, the 9m has a gap about the same size but my 9 is like it should be. I guess the tan just makes it stand out more. I may have to email FNH about it, I could understand it on a ~$500 piece but I expect a bit better fit and finish on a $1200+ handgun. I'm interested to hear what kind of problems this causes with mounting a lazer, I was planning on getting a TLR2 for mine.:-( Aside from the droopy rail, I absolutely love this thing!

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That's the FIRST thing I noticed with mine when I received it day before yesterday, its bugging the hell out of me. The odd thing is, I compared it to my g/fs fnp-9m and my fnp-9, the 9m has a gap about the same size but my 9 is like it should be. I guess the tan just makes it stand out more. I may have to email FNH about it, I could understand it on a ~$500 piece but I expect a bit better fit and finish on a $1200+ handgun. I'm interested to hear what kind of problems this causes with mounting a lazer, I was planning on getting a TLR2 for mine.:-( Aside from the droopy rail, I absolutely love this thing!
kab6580- If you end up emailing FN do you mind sharing what they tell you? I am sure interested in hearing what FN says about the gap/bend and if it matters or not. I am assuming FN's engineers know everything they learn from their designs and the manufacturing process, and they have to be aware of it even if it is "built in" and/or just cosmetic. I've seen some pretty noticeable differences in the space on different pictures I find online. Really curious about it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Nope, not a chance.. email them your self!! lol Nah, I'll work up an email tonight or in the morning and report back if/when I get a response. I'm sure its purely cosmetic (aside from possible laser zeroing issues) but IMO that's not really the point. If they got my $450 fnp9 right, they should have gotten this thing right as well. My far from professional grade dial caliper shows my gap to be 0.057in on each side of the slide and 0.070 directly under the barrel, its not as bad as some pics I have seen but its enough to make a person with OCD go insane. lol

Edit.. measured wrong... under barrel is 0.082 and sides are 0.071.. glad im not a machinist:th_bang:

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Great, thanks..yeah, I think for the price, if it is cosmetic, it's a small fail..but I also should have noticed when I picked it up. Not like I had a choice, it was the only one and no chance in hell I was not getting it. But I totally got "new gun I am buying tunnel vision" at the dealer. I just wanted it. I checked the serial number, got some ammo and extras and ran out to get it home and fondle it in private. Creepy but I am not ashamed. It is an addiction you know..

1 - 20 of 40 Posts