FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

Do you know or have confirmed on your own weapon, that a surefire x400u flashlight/laser combo properly fits on the front rail of a 509 compact tactical handgun? Or is it too bi and therefore cannot lock on the front rail? I have a 509 compact on back order and want to confirm if my fave light combo will fit on it. Please let me know. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
i have that light, but not the 509..
from the back of the light to the front of the rail section is 2.5", if that helps.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have that light, but not the 509..
from the back of the light to the front of the rail section is 2.5", if that helps.
thank you for this info!

For owners of a 509 Compact MRD or Compact Tactical, what is the length in inches from the trigger guard edge to the last indentation on the front rail?

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
thank you for this info!

For owners of a 509 Compact MRD or Compact Tactical, what is the length in inches from the trigger guard edge to the last indentation on the front rail?
that is a different measurement.
from the back of the light to the front of the rail insert is 1-7/8"

·
Premium Member
9,588 Posts
I have a TLR-7A on both of my 509C Ts, but maybe this will help:

Reactions: theLBC

·
Registered
10 Posts
I could not get the x300 to lock onto my 509c tactical without a modified tailcap, so I’d imagine the x400 probably won’t fit either. The Xc2 fits perfectly and it was easier to find a holster for the Xc2.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thank you all for the picture(s) and the advice. I contacted surefire and they gave me instructions on how to remove a spacer on the cap. they say it will fit once that mod occurs. I will send pics over when I execute the mod. My 509s are on backorder, so I have to wait...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts