FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know if FN will again ship the M249S, to distributors ?

I also heard rumors they will offer a semi MAG.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I talked to FN over the summer and they advised new production Q4 2020. I called them last week and they still expect to ship next batch of M249S shortly.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Well i hope they do i plan on ordering one from a disb, if i can find one who will sell. Last one said i have to be L.E.or retired Military my Marine status from 1968/74 was not good enough.And yes have owned a f.a. posty and a standard model when first issued. Sadly sold it to a buddy who wanted one.{REAL STUPID MOVE THERE} so want the Para model, if anybody knows a good source please post. and good to see the forum still going even under the new format.. And that i am still going after the Big C stuff in 2017. Semper-Fi RON K.

·
Registered
238 Posts
well they said today first six months production sold out and taking no back order or new order since it wil lbe limited production cost factor..So looks like SAR show 2020 and look for anything else time waits for no Man and i don't bother to wait around on one.Heck i had the last semi in 2017 in a week and the posty upon payment and transfer in six week.

They have made gun fun No fun lately.RON K.

·
Registered
19 Posts
FN told me in October (2020) that they have no plans for more S runs at this time. I think their new contract has taken priority over everything else.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Know a guy that wanted to trade me his BNIB m249 for my Ducati back in summer of 19 - rough value of $8. He had tons of other things up for trade as well and I recently reached out to him to see if he had some fun things available for sale. Still has the m249, but is now $15 - brand new in box - no extras. This is the only recent thread with any opinions on value and future production I've found and the last post was 2 months ago. Thoughts? Jump on it? Offer $10? Wait for new batch?

·
Registered
36 Posts
There’s one in CA, never fired, no box, for $11k...$15k sealed in plastic for collectors sounds about right nowadays

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2 Posts
Know a guy that wanted to trade me his BNIB m249 for my Ducati back in summer of 19 - rough value of $8. He had tons of other things up for trade as well and I recently reached out to him to see if he had some fun things available for sale. Still has the m249, but is now $15 - brand new in box - no extras. This is the only recent thread with any opinions on value and future production I've found and the last post was 2 months ago. Thoughts? Jump on it? Offer $10? Wait for new batch?
I'd wait for a new batch in about 6 months to a year once FN gets done with their current USG contract orders. Unless you have to have it right now. $14k gets you an open bolt M240B which i've been seriously considering...now if we could just get a semi MK48 I'd be happy. But all the companies that make those aren't answering emails.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts