FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any chance FN Herstal will issue the F2000 factory original optic to the US market? Maybe FN will issue the factory optic and rail kit in one package to the US. 8)

·
Registered
142 Posts
fritoBandito said:
Any chance FN Herstal will issue the F2000 factory original optic to the US market? Maybe FN will issue the factory optic and rail kit in one package to the US. 8)
FN will be coming out with a version of the FS2000 that uses the F2000 shrouded scope. However, the F2000 scope will not be available separately. The mounting rails for the FS2000 that's currently available and the FS2000 with the F2000 scope will be different. The FS2000 that's now available will be marketed as the FS2000 Tactical model.

FN will not issue the factory optic and rail as a retrofit package. For one thing, the rifle serial number is stamped on the side of the rail.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The_Real_McCoy said:
FN will be coming out with a version of the FS2000 that uses the F2000 shrouded scope.
Is there a press release or something that discusses this happening? I'm just curious how you heard this. I love the look of the shrouded scope, it really is a sweet design.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Damm, i figured i would have a good excuse to tell the old lady why there will be one more bad ass black 2000 in the safe.

Honestly i was looking foreward to having FNH provide us a add on accessory to the FS 2000. I was told this would happen last Febuary during a FNH sales event at a local gun shop. Vary disapointed,.... now, FNH is going to screw us over and make us invest over 3k to have that bad ass 1.6 x power scope system by forcing us to invest in a different varinet of the same gun. Typical greedy Mother F's they are,... :cry: :twisted: :evil: :-x

·
Registered
156 Posts
Big Elf said:
now, FNH is going to screw us over and make us invest over 3k to have that bad ass 1.6 x power scope system by forcing us to invest in a different varinet of the same gun. Typical greedy Mother F's they are,... :cry: :twisted: :evil: :-x
No one is holding a gun to your head saying you have to buy it. Besides, there is a real possibility that once it comes to market you will not like it and may not buy it anyway...

Remember all the whining that went on in the AR-15 forum about the price of the gun being $2K. Imagine what would have happened if FN released the scoped version, at $3K-$4K, first. People would have been complaining that the price was too high, they'd prefer to use a different optic, and they're angry that the rail used for the factory optic is a proprietary rail that will not accept devices designed for the Picatinny rail...

If it ever gets to market and you decide you want one, you can sell your current version to help pay for the new version.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Honestly i have deep pockets for firearms and buying a new FS 2000 with the F2000 sight optic package is not going to be a problem. I just hate hearing sales represenatives bullshit the public and make outstanding coents that the new scope package would fit the the curent black and green models.

FNH sale people stated that the demand to LE would take a higher priority and would mate directly to original US import varients makes me question this thread as possible bullshit. I will just wait a see what the outcome is on this issue and not get to excited about internet hype.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Big Elf said:
Honestly i have deep pockets for firearms and buying a new FS 2000 with the F2000 sight optic package is not going to be a problem. I just hate hearing sales represenatives bullshit the public and make outstanding coents that the new scope package would fit the the curent black and green models.

FNH sale people stated that the demand to LE would take a higher priority and would mate directly to original US import varients makes me question this thread as possible bullshit. I will just wait a see what the outcome is on this issue and not get to excited about internet hype.
Call FN at 703-288-1292 and ask to be connected to customer service, or just dial X122 to get Bob, one of the sales reps there. This thread is no BS, im pissed too!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I sure hope FN will go ahead and sell the factory optic as a seperate option.
Why turn dollars down. There are plenty of civillians that would love to spend their hard earned $$ on the FS2000 factory shrouded scope. Me included. :D

Anyone have images of the FS2000 factory optic?

·
Registered
142 Posts
From what I've been told, the F2000 optic isn't really that great at all. I had a friend who actually had the opportunity to hold a F2000 with the shrouded scope. He told me that it was just like looking through the empty cardboard tube from a roll of paper towels. The optic is fixed at 1.6 X.

·
Registered
3 Posts
BreakerDave said:
Big Elf said:
now, FNH is going to screw us over and make us invest over 3k to have that bad ass 1.6 x power scope system by forcing us to invest in a different varinet of the same gun. Typical greedy Mother F's they are,... :cry: :twisted: :evil: :-x
No one is holding a gun to your head saying you have to buy it. Besides, there is a real possibility that once it comes to market you will not like it and may not buy it anyway...

Remember all the whining that went on in the AR-15 forum about the price of the gun being $2K. Imagine what would have happened if FN released the scoped version, at $3K-$4K, first. People would have been complaining that the price was too high, they'd prefer to use a different optic, and they're angry that the rail used for the factory optic is a proprietary rail that will not accept devices designed for the Picatinny rail...

If it ever gets to market and you decide you want one, you can sell your current version to help pay for the new version.

As far as I've heard, any weaver/pic style mount will work on the f2000 standard rail that the 1.6x scope mounts to. I think the main point is, since the le version of the two are almost the same with or without the optic, that the general public got screwed witth the FS2000 having no optical sight and no choices, and were prolly gonna get double tapped if the "new" fs2000 costs much, if any, more than the "tactical" version.

http://kult.blacklord.net/image.pngd?src=kult/wp/f2000_03.jpg

·
Registered
13 Posts
"As far as I've heard, any weaver/pic style mount will work on the f2000 standard rail that the 1.6x scope mounts to."

This is a repost, but it will answer any questions you have. Call FN at 703-288-1292 and ask to be connected to customer service, or just dial X122 to get Bob, one of the sales reps there. This thread is no BS, from the mouth of FN: the new rail that mates with the 1.6x WILL NOT WORK with standard Weaver or Picatinny accessories. Just take the 3 minutes to call them and all questions will be answered. Maybe you can voice your displeasure like I did, and they will start to listen to the customers. Good luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
One thing I've learned, is never to take FN's customer service for anything other than a grain of salt. Either way, I'm sure someone will make an adapter or new rail for it, or some way to make a pic mount fit. From the pics, it looks like a pic rail and I see no other reason to have a complete rail unless something else would mount to it, and unless it's a pic rail what would you possibly have to put on it? It would be beyond retarded to not use a mounting method that the entire world uses, so I will hold further comment on this till someone has one in thier hands and knows for certain. But, my guess is like so many other answers FN cust service has answered............they really have no idea.

·
Registered
9 Posts
In my opinion, the optic shroud looks cool and gives a more flowing look for the rifle, but it ends about there for me. A small 1.6X narrow tube won't make me sleep better if I had to rely on it if there was a SHTF situation. Almost any other aftermarket optic will perform better and be more accuate. If you want the classic original look, that's great! I appreciate the styling of the shroud and would like one also, but the functionality lacks in performance. Buy an acog, elcan, aimpoint,eotech, or any variable 1-6x scope and enjoy the performance.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts