FN Herstal Firearms banner

Windage almost maxed out after MREX installation

4K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  Alpha-17 
#1 ·
I watched the video and installed per the spec, but my front sight now had to be moved all the way to the ejection port side for the rear sight to be centered.

The POI was also quite a bit higher than before. Barrel looks perfectly straight in relation to the rail end, though.

I know I lost the two front "torqued" screws when switching to this rail, but there's no torque settings for the four screws in the front now. The rear barrel screws were alternated to 62 in/pounds.

Should I reinstall the rail and use my Aimpoint Zero to save the zero? Also, are there any issues with the bolt and extension being misaligned versus the factory setup?

#4 ·
Waiting for the solution to this as I'm seriously considering an MREX.

#8 ·
Um, I literally sent them an email 4 minutes ago, and they called me to inform me that the bridal that they're threaded into has some variations what they've been seeing is that the screws compress the rail. He said that the screws aren't vital to to rail, and to NOT overtighten them. He's working on getting shorter screws, however.

I'm going to reinstall and barely torque them with vibratite and see how it goes.

#11 ·
Saw this on their website. Guess they don't know what a torque specification is

. Text Font Line Logo

#13 ·
IS this a problem with everyone who has one of these rails ? I Just bought a Unfired SCAR that was used as a model for a supressor that has one of these rails already installed. I have yet to shoot it but id like to know if I shoujld be expecting iot to be off when sighting it in, or even bother until I back out the offending screws.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.