FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought Nov 2007 and I know it is not 1 of the earliest since it has 2 rings around flash hider and it has a gray trigger pack with black internals and has a green dot on 1 side (GEN 2)?

Serial also is not on top of stock it is FN 0507XX, does have white ghost ring!

Thank You!

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
With that serial number, it should be Gen. 2+ pack with gray front sear (v. Gen. 2 pack with olive green front sear)!!! :D
Can you post a pic of the top of the pack? ;)

Tony

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just as to when or how early it was made since I bought it it 07, I did hear many of the 1st batch were recalled due to F/A capabilities!

I found out only 200 or so came with the black housing, as far as the Green Dot I read "That is something that doesn't get discussed", as well as the Green Dot was a quality control feature with 1 unit being so stamped in each Master Batch?

Thank You!

PS. Did not see need to go trough the picture at which I am not good and have to borrow a camera, but it is just like the 1 in that pic in link!

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Late 2006 or early 2007 or so.

Thank's

·
Premium Member
21,737 Posts
Late 2006 or early 2007 or so.
Well it appears you heard wrong.

There have been no recalls on any PS90.

The only way a PS or FS will fire full auto is if the weapon has been tampered with, and if you're not a SOT, a Federal felony.

Any talk of converting one or any internet rumors about converting one will result in a ban from the forum.

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bought in Nov 07 and dealer said it was one of the 1st black ones he got!

Thank's

Also heard early FS 2000's were recalled for same?

·
Premium Member
21,737 Posts
Also heard early FS 2000's were recalled for same?
Once again you heard wrong.

Some early FS's had slam fires due to the firing pin and some types of ammo, which if you sent it in FN would do an "upgrade" which was a problem that was easy to avoid.

If you are going to read old threads and try and do updates on the info at least get it right.

Reactions: akitainu

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Just as to when or how early it was made since I bought it it 07, I did hear many of the 1st batch were recalled due to F/A capabilities!

I found out only 200 or so came with the black housing, as far as the Green Dot I read "That is something that doesn't get discussed", as well as the Green Dot was a quality control feature with 1 unit being so stamped in each Master Batch?

Thank You!

PS. Did not see need to go through the picture at which I am not good and have to borrow a camera, but it is just like the 1 in that pic in link!
While the TP in the pic that you refer to does have the green dot, the vast majority of green dots that I have seen are on the Gen. 1 and early Gen. 2!!! :wink:
Early models had the outer cardboard box, with the date of manufacture. :?

Tony

1 - 13 of 13 Posts