FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
When I bought my gun, I purchased a 50 rounder, then I converted the 30 round to 50. I will probably purchase a few more now that I just bought 2000 rounds of ss197sr from CMMG, Inc. I got the case for $629, then a few days later the product was increased $100. Now the 197 is the same price in 2000 ct. as the 195 ammo :?

·
Registered
61 Posts
So far I have 11 PS90 mags, 10 marked LE ONLY, and 1-not marked at all. :twisted:

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Merc said:
So far I have 11 PS90 mags, 10 marked LE ONLY, and 1-not marked at all. :twisted:
WOWOWOW. That's a lot :p

U can almost buy 1/3 to 1/4 of a new PS90 w/ those :p

I have 4, and will get a 5th later this year. That's more than enough for me :p

·
Registered
569 Posts
I currently have 14 for my 2 PS90's, 6 in dual mag setups.
Tomac

·
Premium Member
3,591 Posts
Shipwreck: Where did you end up getting the mag from?

I got all my extra mags from Larsen Firearms.
Last year they were selling FN 50 round mags for $42 shipped. I'm sure they raised prices a bit but they still are the cheapest source for PS90 mags around from what I hear.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, 1 came w/ my PS90 (which I converted to 50 rounds), and I bought a 2nd mag from the dealer I bought the weapon from.

My last 2 were purchased from CMMG. I looked around at many sources, and they were the cheapest I could find. $55

·
Registered
569 Posts
ShipWreck said:
Well, 1 came w/ my PS90 (which I converted to 50 rounds), and I bought a 2nd mag from the dealer I bought the weapon from.
My last 2 were purchased from CMMG. I looked around at many sources, and they were the cheapest I could find. $55
Ditto, I got most of mine from CMMG when they were still $50.
Tomac

·
Premium Member
3,591 Posts
no but I have a phone # if that helps. You just call them for a quote:

Leif Larsen FFL/SOT
Owner, Former L.E.
Larsen Firearms
SBA Cert. Small HUBZone Business
D&H OEM
IBA/Chandler Dist.
USNV Dist.
Weapon-Clear Dist. Western U.S.
FN L.E. Dist.
AWC Dist.
(509) 545-0346 Shop
(866) 545-0762
(509) 727-8748 Cell
(509) 545-3161 Fax

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks... I'll look into them the next time I buy one. I hope to get a 5th mag by Sept or so. I think a total of 5 will do me fine.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
THAT is why I wanna get 1 more.

I had 2 Glock 17 round mags I held onto during the last ban. A year before the ban expired, I sold one of the 17 rounders for $100. Kinda regretted it later, but I wanted the money for a gun purchase.

Now, I have a minimum of 6 hi caps for each of my pistols. Before the ban started in the 1990s (before the Internet really took off), it was damn near impossible to get factory hi caps. They knew it was comung, and all the distributors held onto everything. I couldn't get my hands on anything but aftermaret mags at the time.

So, if it looks like it will happen, U will see that it is very tough to get mags.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Just recently ordered a couple more PS90 mags, and a couple more USG mags, plus the extension.

Don't think that you can have too many!

Not actually expecting any bans this time around. Not sure what to expect, other than higher taxes.

·
Premium Member
3,531 Posts
grendelbane said:
Just recently ordered a couple more PS90 mags, and a couple more USG mags, plus the extension.

Don't think that you can have too many!

Not actually expecting any bans this time around. Not sure what to expect, other than higher taxes.
Oh - count on the bans. It's not IF, it's HOW BIG!

I would not be surprised if the 5.7 ammo was banned, along with .223.

:twisted:

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thermallator said:
I would not be surprised if the 5.7 ammo was banned, along with .223.

:twisted:
Yes, I too have a concern of the ammo drying up - one way or another...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts