FN Herstal Firearms banner

If U had to do it over again, would U still buy your PS90?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not "yes" but "HELL YES!"

• No, wouldn't do it.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
I love mine, but in hindsight wish I would have waited until now when the black reticle are available, and will probably become less expensive as time goes on. I still marvel at mine,and the fact that we can own one.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I'd buy mine again and have no regrets. I'm now looking for something a little bigger. I'd love a FS2000 in 6.8SPC or 6.5 Grendel.

The PS90 is a unique weapon that has a broad appeal. Its small size and low report and recoil make it great for even kids to shoot.

I love its low report. At the range someone will touch off a .308 or 16" barreled .223 and I'll think, "How rude". :wink: I don't feel bad shooting the rifle at a friend's place in the country where his neighbors are only a couple hundred yards away.

I love the handy bullpup configuration and the rugged feel of the weapon. The rifle is very easy to field strip and clean. With the empties going straight down you don't have to worry about people standing beside you and the brass is easy to find.

I love that the cartridge has enough velocity to set off Tannerite exploding targets. You need a muzzle velocity of at least about 2500fps to do so.

Compared to good ammo for other calibers 5.7x28 doesn't seem that expensive. Ammo is costing me about $20 for 50 rounds at a local store. Midwayusa lists Black Hills remanufactured .223 full metal jacket for $19.29 for 50 rounds

Could it be better?, sure. It could be less expensive. Magazines should be less expensive. The fit and finish could be better. The trigger could be better. For sporting use it could be more accurate since it basically uses a varmint cartridge. I'm averaging 1 3/4 inch five shot groups at 50 yards. I wish I could easily add a sound suppressor to the 16" barrel. The barrel/sleeve arrangement is making this difficult.

Here is my baby:

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, the FS2000 does look sweet. But when I held several again at the gunshow I went to, they are just too bulky on the front. I'm much happier with my PS90. But yea, they shouldn't cost more than a nice AR.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I haven't had the chance to fondle a FS2000 yet. They do look a little portly. If I have to have one chambered for something bigger than .223 I'll probably never have one :(

·
Registered
90 Posts
Love mine. I think it's a great choice for home defense. Since I carry the FN57, it's the perfect choice, from the standpoint of ammo interchangeability.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Not yes, but hell yes.

Not only would I buy it again to answer the poll result, but I am still debating whether or not I want to buy a 2nd as a "collectors" (in the box) item. :oops:

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Haha. Well, I WISH I could afford a 2nd one - but I think I broke the bank. I never dreamed of spending so much on 1 weapon - with all the accessories I've gotten. Unless I win the lottery, this will be my only 1 :p

·
Registered
25 Posts
I would buy one again, but if I knew then what I know now, I wouldn't have built a 9mm AR-15 or bought the .50 Beowulf upper. I should probably sell them... and get another PS-90!

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
black campbell said:
If I wanted to wait through the licencing nonsense, I'd rather buy the P90.
Well, unfortunately, even then, U never could. Best we can do is a short barreled PS90. Civilians cannot own any machineguns made after 1986 unfortunately. Otherwise, I WOULD have paid the fees to the ATF to buy a realy P90. Heck, they are sold to police agencies for the same cost as the PS90.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Humorous that a the lack of a go-fast switch, and another six inches of metal adds soo much. :roll: Makes one wonder what the government pays for mags.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Not only would I buy it again I'm considering a second one just to tinker with. Also, I had the chance to take a P90 for a spin at a place in Florida. I guess there is such a thing as a "dealer sample" where a dealer does not "own" the machine gun but can leagally use and posses it for a time. One hell of a lot of trouble just to empty a magazine more quiclkly if you ask me.

-LY

·
Registered
268 Posts
nighthawk1 said:
Humorous that a the lack of a go-fast switch, and another six inches of metal adds soo much. :roll: Makes one wonder what the government pays for mags.
The F2000 is also priced about the same as the P90, while the FS2000 is significantly more expensive.

·
Registered
121 Posts
metroplex said:
nighthawk1 said:
The F2000 is also priced about the same as the P90, while the FS2000 is significantly more expensive.

Thats because they can market it better. Uses the same mags as your current AR. Cheap and easy to find mags. Cheaper ammo. The 5.7 round is still not really a proven round either. At least not the civi stuff. The balistics arent impressive on the non penitrating stuff. Many people view the 5.7 round as a .22. Besides we americans love bigger. Bigger is always better.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts