• Yes - I own one!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, I would consider it!

• What's a Sigma?

• No way man!

• I wouldn't want one if you gave it to me!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
I did buy one, in .40. I bought it because I was going out of state and wanted a beater gun to carry that I wouldn't mind if it got lost/stolen etc, and I wanted a .40. Was 100% reliable through 250 or so rounds, accurate despite a somewhat heavy trigger (not as bad as people make it out to be), but wound up giving it away to a friend b/c I discovered I really don't like .40. I found the pistol to be extremely comfortable, and easy to carry.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I dont like S&W so NO. But if you gave it to me duuu i would want it....but i would just turn around and sell it to someone and put a little more cash in my pocket.

·
Registered
15,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ss190 said:
I dont like S&W so NO. But if you gave it to me duuu i would want it....but i would just turn around and sell it to someone and put a little more cash in my pocket.
That is what I would do - but, that kinda falls into the last option...

·
Registered
178 Posts
I shot a friend's before he sold it, and found it to be uncomfortable. If it were redesigned I'd give it another shot; but not till then.

·
Registered
252 Posts
You can add one for to the collection for around $250 greenbacks after rebate and have 4 mags. What else can you get in that range with 4 mags?? Touch it, I dare ya! In my opinion even though not a great gun.....better to have it and not need it than not have it and need it! But I'm not a proud man......most of the time. :D

Europeans make great guns.........for Americans.
Americans make cheap guns........for everyone!

·
Registered
857 Posts
I have heard from a lot of people that have one and like it - but to me it's the poor man's M&P - from what I gather, the M&P is a much better design

·
Registered
262 Posts
I bought the full size 9mm when they first came out. It was the first handgun I ever bought. Guy at the gun store talked me into it instead of a Glock. I hated it. It was the only handgun I have ever bought I have had issues with - jammed about once every magazine. This was one of the first Sigmas - I think it was marked Sigma 9F and that was probably 10 years ago. It was the same time they were offering the chopped 380 with the heel mag release. I can't speak to the current Sigmas though, maybe they are better.

·
Registered
156 Posts
CHICAGO TYPEWRITER said:
With the exception of the custom and semi-custom 1911 shops, it does seem like that is the case. -It sort of makes you wonder what is going on here. Why are we lagging behind the Europeans in design and development of firearms when we have the biggest civilian gun market?

·
Registered
252 Posts
BreakerDave said:
CHICAGO TYPEWRITER said:
With the exception of the custom and semi-custom 1911 shops, it does seem like that is the case. -It sort of makes you wonder what is going on here. Why are we lagging behind the Europeans in design and development of firearms when we have the biggest civilian gun market?
We don't value talent or workmenship and want cheaper faster replaceable. All which has lead to the decline of the great manfacturers. Polymer frames can't have any of the above and stamped/forged parts from the Philipines do make a work of art! As for the 1911, your right, but up till about 15 years ago they couldn't make a V8 worth a toot either!

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
If it were cheap enough, I would.
If I didn't like it, I'd just keep it in my range bag to loan out to friends at the range.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I voted "I'd consider it." If I could get a new one for sub $150.

I've seen one get rust on the slide after too much sweat exposure. :roll:

But I'd keep one in my truck if the price was right. That way if someone stole it, it wouldn't be a huge loss. (financially)

I know a lot of LEO's carried them at one time. They can't be THAT bad.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts