FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend gave me about 100 rounds of 45ACP that he bought at a gun show. I have no idea who reloaded them. Brass is from several different manufacturers.

Would you you shoot it?

·
Registered
641 Posts
I never shoot reloads that I didn't load and QC myself. Too many potential reloading mistakes that can make your gun (and your hand along with it) go boom.

Reactions: Talhoffer

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
Not gun show reloads. I'd pull the bullets and dump the power and reload them myself.

·
Registered
33 Posts
The only reloads I'll shoot through any guns are ones that I did or someone I trust and believe they know what they are doing.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I shoot my reloads only, with one exception, my Dad's cause I know he knows his stuff and pays attention to detail. No one else's loads are worth the chance. My uncle got a ton of 38spc reloads from an estate auction, one of them was a squib load and the bullet got stuck. Thankfully they were paying attention. So my dad weighed them and found 3 more without powder in the casing since they were lighter then the rest.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Umm,

I fired some gun show reloads through my .40 awhile back. didn't have much of a problem with them but I won't do it again. Fired them right behind some Winchester Rangers. I notated the 'brand' down somewhere. I have to find it.

KW

·
Registered
230 Posts
I have shot Freedom munitions remans in my FNP40 w/no problems and I have some more now which I will use next time I go to the range.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Freedom munitions is differnt than gun show reloads. Freedom munitions is a professional company. That is their buisness, and they use expensive factory machines.... random gunshow reloads could have been loaded by any joe schmo with a press in thier basement.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts