FN Herstal Firearms banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has to be affordable. I know that right now there aren't many out there, but if this is read a month or two down the line, somebody contact me. I'm gonna can the optical sight and go with an EoTech or something.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I just got the new MagazineParts optics rails. Quality appears good, installation was quick/easy, cost is less than $100 and they're actually in stock.
Tomac

·
Registered
19 Posts
Could you post a link to the MagazineParts optics rails?

Thanks
smoke

·
Registered
268 Posts
The early batches were out of spec. I am not sure if they fixed it with the later rails but now I understand why FN's USG rail is windage adjustable.

·
Registered
569 Posts
metroplex said:
The early batches were out of spec. I am not sure if they fixed it with the later rails but now I understand why FN's USG rail is windage adjustable.
The owner of MagazineParts contacted me to explain that the first batch was out of spec and offered to replace mine free of charge. However, even w/being out of spec I had no difficulty sighting in my Eotechs.
Tomac

·
Registered
19 Posts
I do believe we can make a rail for less than this..

Will do some checking next week ...

Thanks
smoke

·
Registered
19 Posts
metroplex
How is the Mag Parts Rail only held down in front by part of a screw ?

Thanks
smoke

·
Registered
569 Posts
smoke said:
metroplex
Thanks
smoke
The rail is attached using the same 2 screw holes used to secure the original factory ringsight, 1 in front to the left and 1 at the rear.
Tomac

·
Registered
268 Posts
Tomac said:
smoke said:
metroplex
Thanks
smoke
The rail is attached using the same 2 screw holes used to secure the original factory ringsight, 1 in front to the left and 1 at the rear.
Tomac
The front screw hole on the Magazineparts rail is an oversized hole, so only PART of the screw is holding down the rail. the rear hole is machined so that the screw aligns the rail in the rear, but the front hole was made imprecisely for whatever reason. They're supposed to have fixed the windage problem on the rails, so it might be worth a try. However for about $40 more, I'm going with the FN rail. The Halo Tri-Rail is GREAT deal if you want 3 rails!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.