FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone;

I would like to buy a FN SAO in 9mm, I have looked everywhere, I cannot seem to find one, can you tell me where I can find one for sale.

Thanks
kenner

·
Registered
17 Posts
ShipWreck said:
They were discontinued a while back. I would suggest continual checking of GunsAmerica and Gunbroker.
ShipWreck, any particular reason for them discontinuning this particular model? I've been searcing for a good polymer pistol in 9mm, that can help me transition from a 1911. I like carrying cock n locked with the added security of a safety switch. I figured this would be right up my alley.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Buy the USG model - it can be carried cocked and lock.

I do not know why they discontinued the SAO - I think sales did not seem to big on this model. Also, with the USG models allowing for cocked and locked - I guess it didn't make much sense.

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
powereng said:
ShipWreck said:
They were discontinued a while back. I would suggest continual checking of GunsAmerica and Gunbroker.
ShipWreck, any particular reason for them discontinuning this particular model? I've been searcing for a good polymer pistol in 9mm, that can help me transition from a 1911. I like carrying cock n locked with the added security of a safety switch. I figured this would be right up my alley.
I've got a USG model. If you ever want to shoot it, let me know and we can meet at Silver Bullet sometime.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just called them and they have a two-tone model in stock for $569 + tax. Does that seem high to you?

Thank you for your offer to shoot yours. I work right around the corner so I'll let you know. Did you get yours from Silver Bullet?

Can someone tell me what makes the FNP-9 USG different than the regular FNP-9?

Sorry for all the questions.

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
powereng said:
I just called them and they have a two-tone model in stock for $569 + tax. Does that seem high to you?

Thank you for your offer to shoot yours. I work right around the corner so I'll let you know. Did you get yours from Silver Bullet?

Can someone tell me what makes the FNP-9 USG different than the regular FNP-9?

Sorry for all the questions.
That's a bit high. I got mine transfered through Silver Bullet and actually bought it from another forum member in Kentucky back in August. I paid $475 for it used (400 rds and had the shooters pack and a Crossbreed Supertuck included). Silver Bullet charges $40 for a transfer and you might be able to find other places (Al and Bob's maybe, or Rylee's Hardware up on Michigan near Fuller).

As for the USG vs. the regular, they are nearly identical. The USG has the safety/decocker as well as forward grooves on the slide. The regular one has a decocker only, so it can't be cocked and locked. To be safely carried, it must be decocked and in the DA mode. The front of the slide is also plain/smooth.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts