FN Herstal Firearms banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve been attempting to track down a new FNH FNP 45 with the matte black stainless slide. Item numbers 47911 for night sights or 47917 for standard white dot are what I'm looking for. I have thus far been unsuccessful and have only found the two tone stainless slide versions (47915) :( . I'm determined to wait for the black slide. Are the 45ACPs with matte black slides really so hard to find?

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
The gun JUST hit the sales floor. U may have to give it a little more time. Maybe they are only shipping the stainless slides right now?

·
Registered
51 Posts
The only ones that I have seen are the black frame with the stainless slide. I have one NIB that I could sell you if you are looking for one.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey ShipWreck!

Do you know if the sights on the FNP-45 model 47917 are dovetailed in which would allow me to replace these sights with night sights?
I figured if anyone would know, it would be you.

Thanks!

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
FlatCheese said:
Hey ShipWreck!

Do you know if the sights on the FNP-45 model 47917 are dovetailed in which would allow me to replace these sights with night sights?
I figured if anyone would know, it would be you.

Thanks!
The sites are shaped similarly to the 9mm and 40 cal FNP. However, they are slightly different. U will be able to buy aftermarket sites for the gun - however... Whenever a new gun comes out - it usually takes 1-2 years before a lot of aftermarket stuff comes out for it.

It took a while for the aftermarket nightsights for the 9mm and 40 cal versions to arrive. You'll just give it time. WIthout specific sights to fit the FNP, it won't work well.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Looks like I'll have plenty of time to practice with the stock white dot sights until somebody comes out with aftermarket nighties!!
I knew I could count on you for the lowdown on this!!

The gun I'm buying should be in my hands in about two weeks if all goes well. I let my fingers do the walking and have found some absolutely great deals. I missed the opportunity to pick one up from that guy on SigForum but the one I'm looking at isn't much more. I was talking to my FFL guy this afternoon and asked him if he could give me a price on a black over black 45. When I told him what I was expecting to pay for this one, he couldn't believe it! Told me it was less than his cost........All I know is that I'm not pussyfooting around buying one now with the Gfolk messing around with the 2nd amendment......... :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.