FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I've made a terrible mistake and realized that I ended up buying an Effen Tri-Rail upper without realizing that I would have to resubmit all of my paperwork to have it used on my SBR (please correct me if that's totally wrong). So now I have a $500+ upper, and a normal SBR ps90. Realizing my stupidity, I've come to the conclusion that I must go further and I might as well make another PS90 at this point and make that one a sbr as well.

To that end, I really would like to see if anyone at all had a stock assembly that's not black. If not, I would settle for a black one. So what I'm looking for is #1, 2, and #3 here. If any one at all could point me in the right direction, that would be a godsend.

Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Product Automotive design Automotive exterior

Thank you!

Please PM me, I can do Zelle, Paypal,Venmo,Cash (if in TX near Houston).

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
There is no "upper" on a PS90. The receiver is the gun. In your case you have one PS90 that you have already SBR'd and now you technically have another PS90 that you need to build out whether with a short barrel or long barrel. Both receivers you have are the gun though. Just trying to help out with the verbiage for you. Good luck on your build.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is no "upper" on a PS90. The receiver is the gun. In your case you have one PS90 that you have already SBR'd and now you technically have another PS90 that you need to build out whether with a short barrel or long barrel. Both receivers you have are the gun though. Just trying to help out with the verbiage for you. Good luck on your build.
As I feared, I just have a silly receiver with nothing to go with it. Thanks for the verbiage correction jaflowers.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
As I feared, I just have a silly receiver with nothing to go with it. Thanks for the verbiage correction jaflowers.
you need the stock, trigger pack, and moving parts assembly.

those all come up for sale fairly often here or at least they have in the past. I sold a stock and moving parts assembly about a year ago. I still have about 3 trigger packs I keep for spares.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you need the stock, trigger pack, and moving parts assembly.

those all come up for sale fairly often here or at least they have in the past. I sold a stock and moving parts assembly about a year ago. I still have about 3 trigger packs I keep for spares.
Thank you kind sir, that gives me some hope. Please feel free to send anyone my way if you know of anyone with spares. I will follow my sunk cost through to the end and post results.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I was where you were about a year ago. Though I did buy the Effen90 on purpose to make a new ps90. I was lucky enough to already have a spare moving parts group and trigger packs. Finding everything else took many months and I got down to needing just the stock. I ended up buying a full PS90 on gunbroker for $1200 (a great price during the recent lunacy) and ended up completely parting it out to others on here and actually covering the cost of the purchase and keeping the stock for myself. So be sure to consider all avenues of completion when you are looking for parts :)
You will also need the parts that attach directly to your receiver such as the barrel and springs as well as the cocking handle and cocking assembly (FNH PS 90 Cocking Handle Assembly: MGW (midwestgunworks.com) ). You could get a billet assembly to match your effen90 look and they show in stock right now: PS90 Extended Charging Handle Assembly - FN Specialties

PS, don't forget a butt plate. It's not included when purchasing a stock!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was where you were about a year ago. Though I did buy the Effen90 on purpose to make a new ps90. I was lucky enough to already have a spare moving parts group and trigger packs. Finding everything else took many months and I got down to needing just the stock. I ended up buying a full PS90 on gunbroker for $1200 (a great price during the recent lunacy) and ended up completely parting it out to others on here and actually covering the cost of the purchase and keeping the stock for myself. So be sure to consider all avenues of completion when you are looking for parts :)
You will also need the parts that attach directly to your receiver such as the barrel and springs as well as the cocking handle and cocking assembly (FNH PS 90 Cocking Handle Assembly: MGW (midwestgunworks.com) ). You could get a billet assembly to match your effen90 look and they show in stock right now: PS90 Extended Charging Handle Assembly - FN Specialties

PS, don't forget a butt plate. It's not included when purchasing a stock!
This will take a while, I'm a little hesitant to drop full price for another ps90. Yes already have the extended charging handle and cocking handle assembly. These pieces are rather hard to come by.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I was looking for many many months before I thought about doing a part out. I was checking sites daily at work for parts including part listings on gunbroker. I figured I would also start checking full ps90 listings that I calculated were under a price point I could recoup enough to make it worth while. I lucked out finding one with a buy now price of $1200. The guy had no feedback so it was a risk but he was just someone who was selling a first firearm. Parting out the PS90 didn't take very long at all. The hardest part was probably the receive as it had to be shipped to an FFL. But most of the parts had buyers right away, just had to price properly.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Contact FN USA directly. I ordered one for a build expecting a stripped receiver. The receiver came with all the parts. That left the trigger pack, moving parts group, and the butt plate. FNUSA started using Midwest Gun Works to dietribute but I find they, literally, never have any stock of the useful parts and I have never seen any of the assemblies. I find they are fairly useless for parts and never have any assemblies. I looked for several parts for years and ended up significantly over paying because no vendors had them and FN USA only sold a full assembly. You will probably have more luck. There are more parts available at the moment.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts