FN Herstal Firearms banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi newb here. I would like to buy a ps90 in the next few weeks would prefer green no intrest in rail. Could you guys get me up to speed on pricing/avail and best source to order from etc . Thanks Rich

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Can't help ya on the "where," but $1395 or so is a good price on the green. And, many places charge a bit more for black. $1499 for a black is a good price.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the info, guy localy is offering me his green gun with a spare mag and 2 boxes of ammo for $1400, I plan to register it as an sbr on a form 2 . Is there a source for these with factory short BBl avail to SOTs? I see impact list the SBR at a lower price.Thanks

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
As far as I know, there are no short barrel versions of the PS90 sold that way - U have to buy the barrel from CMMG, along with a new flash suppressor. They can do the change for you too for $100, or U can do it afterwards.

I'd wait for your paperwork done w/ the ATF before U buy the barrel.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
AHHH I see , I was just curious as I saw Impact listing a short bbl version available as a dealer sample semi auto with police demo letter. A nearby PD would like to compare the gun to their existing mp5s so i have no problem getting a demo letter from the Sherrif and I would like to own one as an sbr weather they buy any or not.

The add at impact states not available to individuals as an SBR. I am an SOT and deal in some class 3 stuff. My big question about the gun as a dealer sample as offered for police demo from fn is how its listed in the NFA registry. I realize FNs policy is that this item is a police/gov agency only item but if its in the nfa registry as an SBR there would be no govermental regulations that would prevent me from keeping or even transfering it to someone else at some point down the road, or am I possibly overlooking some detail.
I wonder if the police only semi SBR offered from FN is possibly built on the p90 and registered as post 86 sample?
Apologies if this is to long winded for a WTB post.

·
Premium Member
3,591 Posts
CMMG is the only one in the game right now for the PS90 barrels. Jarvis only had a barrel available for the FiveseveN pistol.

As for Impact, IIRC, they at one time (a year ago) had PS90 SBRs for sale but from what I hear, that wasn't too successful. You basically paid for a PS90 plus a premium for a short barrel and then doing the install. Only difference was, you didn't get your gun until it was all completed and you don't get to keep your long barrel. Since Impact didn't really get that many PS90s, nor were they able to fill all their preorders...well you can see how that went.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
panaceabeachbum said:
http://www.impactguns.com/store/3818900793.html

looking over the add I see its listed as a p90 not ps90 , oh well just a thought , will wait on CMMG bbl , does anyone else catalog the short bbl, Jarvis maybe?
That's what I suspected - that it was the full P90.

As I stated and as above - CMMG is the place to buy the barrels from.

W/ the parts and $200 ATF fee, its $500 to do it, or $600 if U get CMMG to do the labor.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the input, One of my customers is bringing one by the shop for me later today. I already have the form 2 filled out and ready to fax to NFA branch for SBR , I guess the one advantage of being an SOT is the form 2 takes about 5 minutes to submit before I can instal the short bbl, no waiting 4-6 weeks on a form 1 to make it thru the system.
Now just to get a bbl and tons of accs headed this way. :D

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Part of me wants to SBR mine, and part doesn't.

If it wasn't so expensive, I probably would.

But being on the leash from the wife on gun purchases :p - I'd have to sell a gun to pay for it. And, I have no tools to do the work, so it would cost me $600. I don't really wanna sell my HK USPc just to pay for that.

I have all the forms at home to fill out if I ever change my mind, though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.