FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
All Burris FF will work. You don't need any special mount. 45tac comes with an adapter plate that will work with the FF2 or FF3.

·
Administrator
11,079 Posts
The model with no mount is 300237. This is for the 8 MOA dot. Best place to buy right now is Optics Planet. If you use the 5TOYS coupon (10% off) this BFFIII can be had for less than $209 with free shipping.

·
Premium Member
9,490 Posts
Does that adapter plate work with a trijicon rmr07?

The Tactical comes with the adapter plate for Trijicon RMRs.

·
Administrator
11,079 Posts
The FNX45T comes with two adaptor plates. One for the Trijicon and one for the Docter sights. It is my understanding that the Burris FF2/FF3 uses the Trijicon plate, which has the necessary hardware provided to mount the sights.

Yes, the provided plate will work with the RM07.

I was looking at the RMRs for a sight. After much consternation, I decided that the Burris FF3 was the better choice for me. The pricing was not the deciding factor.

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
The FNX45T comes with two adaptor plates. One for the Trijicon and one for the Docter sights. It is my understanding that the Burris FF2/FF3 uses the Trijicon plate, which has the necessary hardware provided to mount the sights.

Yes, the provided plate will work with the RM07.
Correction: Burris FF does not use the Trijicon plate, it uses the other one. Trijicon plate has a wider set of holes and only works for Trijicon RMR (maybe Docter as well) and the plate with narrower set of holes are compatible with Burris FF and EOtech MRDS (maybe Deltapoint).

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
No, as SD9 mentioned, 45tac comes with two adapter plate. However the one meant for Burris FF will not work with Trijicon RMRs or vice versa.

BTW the adapter plate is somewhat optional, as the slide has two sets of holes already drilled onto it. You can mount the sight directly onto the slide without the plate if the screws are too short and you are fine with screws absorbing the recoil.

·
Administrator
11,079 Posts
Correction: Burris FF does not use the Trijicon plate, it uses the other one. Trijicon plate has a wider set of holes and only works for Trijicon RMR (maybe Docter as well) and the plate with narrower set of holes are compatible with Burris FF and EOtech MRDS (maybe Deltapoint).
You may be correct about the plate for the Burris, but page 42 of the FNX45T manual indicates a plate for the Trijicon and a separate plate for the Docter. The Docter mounting plate has square corners and the Trijicon are more rounded according to the illustrations

I have neither sight so I can not say positively which mouting plate is used with which sights.

·
Administrator
11,079 Posts
No, as SD9 mentioned, 45tac comes with two adapter plate. However the one meant for Burris FF will not work with Trijicon RMRs or vice versa.

BTW the adapter plate is somewhat optional, as the slide has two sets of holes already drilled onto it. You can mount the sight directly onto the slide without the plate if the screws are too short and you are fine with screws absorbing the recoil.
I thought that you needed to use the plates to get the co-witness?

Like I said, I do not have my Burris yet so I can not say what is what.

Cpt D has used both the Trijicon and Burris so he has first hand use.

I still think that the Burris is a better value and sight then some of the Trijicon RMR based on the research and reviews I did/read.

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
Burris FF3 w/ adapter plate-
One I forgot to mention about the Burris FF3 or any sight that utilize the narrower set of holes: they use a different set of screws (smaller diameter). They should be part of the kit you got with 45tac. They are the screws with the flat cylinical heads, NOT the funnel heads. If you try forcing the larger Trijicon screws into the narrower set of holes you WILL strip the slide. So check before you fvck up your slide; I cannot stress that enough.

Burris FF3 w/o adapter plate-
w/o the plate FF3 sits deeper, but I think it also blocks the ambient light sensor in the front of the sight. Also the recoil all does into the screws so I'm not sure if you want that.

Trijicon RM07 w/ adapter plate-
RMR has more material around the view window so it looks like it's a smaller window (but it's actually just about the same size as Burris). RMR does sit lower than Burris so you see more of the iron sights.

Trijicon RM07 w/o adapter plate-
It will still cowitness but just barely. The dot on the very top of the RMR.

and for sh:t and giggles, EOtech MRDS-
While this combination is all color coordinated, I would not recommend this as the on/off button is inaccessible with 45tac as it's flush up against the rear sight.

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
I've used the plate and the screws barely thread into the slide...I haven't tried without the plate yet.
I ended up with multiple set of screws, though I really don't remember where they came from. But I found a long set that works with RMR and the plate (I think they might have came with the tac45).

·
Administrator
11,079 Posts
There were two plastic boxes that came with the FNX45T along with the three backstraps. On of the plastic boxes has the two plates (Trijicon & Docter) and two Torx wrenches (T10 and T15). The other box has 3 sets of 2 matching screws in different lengths and sizes for mounting.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Leupold Delatpoint

Here's my leupold Deltapoint it has a wider field of view and weighs less but be aware of a few things first. FYI if you are having trouble keeping adjusting/mounting/adjusting again. Pm me. Ive taken this thing apart and can tell you whats really going on. The Deltas have a soft brass base that is moved up and down/left to right on which the LED diode is mounted on. if you over tighten the lock screws it will indent small holes into the soft brass. and each time you try to re-zero it on a different weapon it will find the the dimples it made and make it almost impossible to zero. So be sure this is the weapon you want it on when u open that new box. I used the long screws that came with the FNX. so far its held up very well. But PM if you need help. a Laser bore sighter is worth its weight compared to a new Delta too.
IMG_0126.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My ffl ordered the fast fire 3 w/ model #300236 which is 8 moa with a mount. I assume it can be removed from the mount for use on the fnx 45 tac?

·
Administrator
11,079 Posts
My ffl ordered the fast fire 3 w/ model #300236 which is 8 moa with a mount. I assume it can be removed from the mount for use on the fnx 45 tac?
You should be able to remove the mount. There are two screw holes in the well on top of the sight, closer to the rear of the sight. Removing these should allow the sight to be separated from the mount and then you should be able to mount the sight to the FNX45T with the proper adapter plate and screws that were provided by FN when you bought the 45T.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts