FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
ok, I want to take a stab at this... please tell me where I mess up.

From left to right

-M44 Mosin Negant
-M 91/30 Mosin sniper
- This one has me stumped. I first thought it was a Gewehr 41. but I don't think it is, so I have no idea. It looks German whatever it is.
-K-98k Mauser
-Gewehr 43.......... Very cool by the way! Don't see many of those.
-M1 Garand
-M1 Carbine
-Lee Enfield
-Schmidt Ruben straight pull

How did I do?

VERY NICE collection!

·
Premium Member
9,490 Posts
I think the third from the left is a SVT-40.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Cool! Thanks! Don't really know much about that one.
I was thinking it was German do to the butt stock and wrist Looks very much like the Gewehr rifles.

I am definitely jealous! All I have is the K98. :p

·
Premium Member
9,490 Posts
That is a very nice collection.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
The list has been complete,All those rifles are very rare birds no repo's all matching serials etc. I love them more then my modern Firearms. I have Naval Luger as my Wife's Grandfather(Opa) Left me.She is 3rd Gen I guess.... right? Anways guys this man was a Tough SOB. he got conscripted into the Navy when he was 15 did 4 years as a torpedo man in a Das Boot # 50 was able to survive multiple mission in the channel, Norway you name it, After the war he lost everything all his family got killed roamed around Germany for a While Met Amanda's Grandma then came to America and was a life long Tool and Die Maker.
He was always active and kept alpine skiing until he died at 88. How you may ask did he die?......Having seen his wife of 50+ years rott from the inside out of Cancer and being diognosed with liver Cancer himslef he shot himself Rather then suffer and become a burden on us. Truly am,axing guy. a great honor to know him.
~Jrod.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts