FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
tqtran said:
Great gun, not so great company.
I opted for a SIG 556 myself.
Same here. Loved the look of the XCR and owners had nothing but good things to say about the gun itself, Robinson Arms was a different story.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Phelan said:
tqtran said:
Great gun, not so great company.
I opted for a SIG 556 myself.
Same here. Loved the look of the XCR and owners had nothing but good things to say about the gun itself, Robinson Arms was a different story.
I've owned my XCR for nearly 3 years (one of the earlier models).

NEVER had or heard a complaint about RA during the 3 years of ACTUAL ownership.

www.xcrforum.com

You won't find ANY complaints on how the company now handles their customers.

It's my go to gun with nearly 10,000 problem free (of any kind, the majority of ammo being wolf) rounds.

Yes they are good, and yes, I like them WAY more than any of my AR15's. Yes they run INCREDIBLY clean, and yes they are RIDICULOUSLY reliable.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I've had one when they came out last year. It was a ban state legal model with a light barrel. Was a heavy pig, had rough finishing on some of the edges, the metal to metal contacts are not the best fit IMO so I got rid of it. My AR15's are more accurate, lighter and cheaper. I'll stick with that and their cleaning for now.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Im a utter retard when it comes to the XCR vs. an average ar...in a nut shell whats the difference?

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Ok so that apparently makes it more reliable and its shoots cleaner?! Any down falls with this?

·
Registered
320 Posts
MrNuke7571 said:
iCeMaN said:
Ok so that apparently makes it more reliable and its shoots cleaner?! Any down falls with this?
Less accuracy and more parts to break .
Are you sure that you owned an XCR? From both of your posts in this thread, you are 100% wrong. More parts? Less accuracy? Clueless fits you good.

You must REALLY like lying and making things up. What purpose you are trying to serve, I have no clue.

MrNuke7571 said:
If you're thinking of AR type, seriously look at a Robinson Arms XCR. had a chance to shoot one at the range few weeks ago and want one since..
Less muzzlerise than an AR, piston based not dirty as an AR, less heat inside the receiver than the AR, and overall felt better on target. LOT easier to fieldstrip than an AR.

I sure will be getting one when I can before the ban hits.

MrNuke7571 said:
I had an XCR on order when they came out for a LONG time, then after getting charged 2x and lied to my face for 8 weeks after it 'shipped' per RobArms, I canceled it and told them to shove it.

Afterwards I held one and shot one at the range and I don't really like the weight of it. It is a chunk of milled metal basically. Way heavier than my AR's. Not saying they are not good or reliable, but I passed on them.

On the other hand, I shot a Sig 556 and I was impressed. With some new aesthetics like a handguard, it would make a sweet piston operated rifle. Highly accurate , little recoil and not too expensive. I might get one in the future when I get tired of my other rifles.
Pathetic.

http://fnforum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2968&highlight=&sid=a62aed2adc56ac7f654c05e3e7a22667

http://www.fnforum.net/viewtopic.php?t=2755&start=10&sid=76e00c6033ff82c0a83e3e363964be78

On that note, here is my thread on XCRFORUM.

http://xcrforum.com/index.php/topic,903.0.html

And some pictures of my SUB MOA gun with 55grain remington with a 16" light barrel (yea, less accuracy all right! :-D :-D :-D :-D )

ADMIN EDIT - PIC REMOVED BECAUSE IT EXCEEDS LIMITS SET IN FORUM RULES - SORRY

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Uhhhooooh drama!!! Good info to read over though! :?

·
Registered
178 Posts
In a theoretical sense a piston based rifle will be less accurate than a DGI based rifle due to the reciprocating mass of the piston over the barrel. That said, either setup is going to be capable of greater accuracy than most shooters will be able to achieve.

·
Registered
475 Posts
:eek: What attracted me to them was the ability to change calibers but couldn't bring myself to buy one without seeing it in person so I passed

·
Registered
61 Posts
I am really looking forward to the release of the SCAR to join the XCR in already my collection.

I think the XCR is outstanding. I have taken it through carbine class, and its been rock solid. I've attended local shoots with fellow XCR owners and satisfaction is high.

Plus the customer support has been outstanding. I also believe in supporting American arms makers when there is a good product to be had.

ADMIN EDIT - PHOTOS REMOVED FOR VIOLATING SIZE REQUIREMENTS

·
Registered
414 Posts
Wow 'itstock', you seem to have a real love for me these past few months.

Don't feel jealous that I get to shoot and play with a lot of rifles and guns.
I stand by the fact that I did not like the feel of the XCR, overall it is NOT more accurate than a well-built AR15.

If you disagree, that makes one of you. :-D

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've had my XCR for over two years, I've run through 2000+ rounds, including 1000 at a CQ Carbine Class taught by Bill Jeans of Morrigan Consulting, fomerly of Gun Site Training Center and Thunder Ranch.

During CQ Carbine the ejector of my XCR worked itself loose and fell off, I called Alex Robinson and the new part was at my front door the next morning at 8:00 am, which gave me plenty of time put on some blue loctite, let it dry and finish the class without another problem. Which would not have been a problem if I had bothered to read the instructions to shoot the rifle 300 rounds and check the parts and fittings and tighten as needed. So no, it is not perfect but his customer service is.

"And now you're going to hear, the rest of the story" Well...several of the other students with AR-15's had multiple problems with their rifles due to fouling, gas ring deterioration and other problems. One gentleman then switched from his AR-15 to his M1A Scout and that started screwing up too due to cheap magazines. With any system, use it hard, break it, then fix it. Learn it's weak points and be prepared to deal with them. I like the XCR so much I'm getting another one. The one I have now is the one I use to carry on duty. So basically I'm betting "your" life on it. :twisted:

Cruzzer

1 - 20 of 38 Posts