FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All the forums have a thread on this new Springfield XD coming out (totally new frame and slide designed)... People are going GA-GA over it.

I personally don't care for the styling. WHat do U guys think?

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
It looks good to me. I'm not Ga-Ga over it, but I do think it looks a little better than my XD-9. I want to get my hands on an XD compact in 9mm with the thumb safety. Is it out yet?

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I needa find other pics of it - it doesn't look that bad in this photo - but there are photos flying around where someone is actually holding it - in those photos, it doesn't look that great.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
I like the new sights, the way they copied Walter a bit on the thumb rest shape, and I like the new grip texture a lot better than the old xd. And having the slide bevelled looks not so "brick" like. It looks like their intent was to give it some style while keeping the function intact.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
vulcan15 said:
Looks good but Ship were'nt the new ones going to have a thumb safety?
Some of the new 45 XDs have the new thumb safety - but only the all black ones. And apparently, it's not on this newest version.

I just got an XD45 last week - but I didn't want the thumb safety - they dobn't all have them. Its just another variation they sell.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Man that XD is pretty sweet. :shock:

I did have an XD in .357Sig, and to tell you the truth I thought it shot better, had a faster slide reaction, and smoother trigger, than any of my Glocks. But it could just be me, dont get me wrong I still love my Glocks ( Maybe until I get the 5.7). :-x

·
Registered
95 Posts
I like it, but are there any functional improvements? If it is just styling, I don't see the need to add one to my current XD45.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think there are some changes - as this is their supposed "match" gun. Click on that link I originally posted for more info... I haven't paid it much attention to all the nuances of the gun...

·
Banned
151 Posts
Looking at your last set of pics ShipWreck it looks like its going to have different size backstraps which might be nice.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts