FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Legislature has overridden a veto by the Governor and passed a law requiring CLEO sign-off on any NFA application within 15 days of submission provided the applicant is legally entitled to own a regulated item. I don't know if this is the first such law by a State in this country, but I am unaware of others. So even if the ATF closes the so-called trust loophole, I can either file as an individual or continue to use my trust with CLEO sign-off.

Legislature overrides Gov. Fallin's veto of firearms bill - Tulsa World: Government

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
That governor is a slimeball b!tch. She vetoed it because it was a "minor issue." I think it was 4 other states that passed "shall sign" laws like this one this year. Hoping Florida someday joins that list of CLEO "shall sign" states.

·
Registered
27 Posts
just to clarify, it did not pass, and the sheriffs association lobbied hard to kill it and the republicans didnt even show up since they did not want to offend the sheriffs yay republicnas

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
just to clarify, it did not pass, and the sheriffs association lobbied hard to kill it and the republicans didnt even show up since they did not want to offend the sheriffs yay republicnas
I'd be pissed if I lived in Louisiana, and I'd be writing my legislator

·
Registered
757 Posts
That's a shame it did not and I hope 2nd amendment supporters continue to fight arrogant elitists like Landry. What make me angry when I watch these things is these elitist politicians who are skilled orators over talking (worse) shaming those who are fighting for these rights. "It's a part of the process...", Landry says. Right then and there they should have jumped on that and said, "yes part of the process to disarm the people and remove their second amendment rights" they need to be prepared and get angry, be passionate about the cause they're fighting for, the facts and the constitution behind the facts! The problem with The NFA and the Hughes is that after passed it gives these jerk a moral high ground and anchor for this bogus argument. I realize they're trying to be respectful and tread carefully, but I saw three guys getting talked down to-there. Being shamed by an idiot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: FLyon

·
Registered
508 Posts
The core issue that these lawmakers are either ignorant of or purposely avoiding is that the form that the CLEO is to sign is NOT A PERMISSION FORM! The CLEO does not have the power to grant or deny an individual "permission" to own an NFA item, so they get around this by simply not signing at all.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
How would you expect to explain such a matter to people who have clearly not mastered the art of the English language. I felt as if I was watching a episode of Jerry Springer. Not even the common courtesy to let a man answer the question that they just asked, before being interrupted and talked over top of. Totally unbelievable that this is the mentally that you are trying to debate.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts